• This topic has 24 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Royal wedding and day off bank holiday
  • RD350LC
    Free Member

Ok what your understanding as to what is 29th april classed as .
    Now is it a bank holiday where you get paid for the day or is it upto your work to make there own rules if they let you have the day off with pay or take it out of your own yearly holidays

allthepies
    Free Member

Paid Bank Holiday for me.

jam-bo

As far as my work is concerned it’s a full bank holiday.

Unfortunately looks like the dumb ass yanks have a trade show that I’ll have to fly out to on Easter Sunday and back on that Friday. I’ll be having the week after off instead.

convert

We are ignoring it and treating it like a normal day. Lots of other schools are too.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m taking the opportunity to potty train my boy.

Wiping up toddler wee is better than watching the wedding.

rOcKeTdOg

paid holiday

MoreCashThanDash

Full public holiday for me.

And we’d already booked that week away anyway – only need 3 days leave to get 11 days off work!

All you agnostic republicans can just leave well alone!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Already been told by our place we WONT be getting it off !!
    thought everybody was entitled to it ?

RD350LC
    Free Member

Yes think thats whats happening where we are got to work unless you use your own holidays or take it off unpay`d

allthepies
    Free Member

Well I’ll be out on my bike, gawd bless ’em, <doffs cap in humble deference> 😆

Drac

Like any bank holiday it’s up to your employer.

ziggy
    Free Member

check your contract! Most contracts refer to holiday entitlements plus bank holidays, so if your contract says you have bank holidays off then you can take 29 April off (as it is a bank holiday).

However, if your contracts states your holiday entitlement INCLUDING bank holidays, then you can take the day off but you won’t get an extra day off as it will come off your entitlement.

Seems to be the correct answer.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to it, as I’ll be down there on the processional route, flogging stupidly overpriced Chinese made tat to starry eyed idiots. And making a small fortune in the process. Because I’m British.

headfirst
    Free Member

As a teacher the wedding day falls during our easter break 😮

So the management have just announced a friday in july we’ll be having off in lieu! 😀 8) 😛

skinnysteel
    Free Member

My employer has informed us it is a Public Holiday, rather than a Bank Holiday. As such they have allocated all staff an additional days leave, which we may choose to take on the 29th, or add to our annual entitlement.
    Why waste it watching a chinless wonder get hitched to social climbing Sloane type tho’?

noteeth
    Free Member

Is CFH getting married or something?

Edit: that was a response to the OP – not this:

Why waste it watching a chinless wonder get hitched to social climbing Sloane type tho’?

😳 😉

cxi
    Free Member

Day off for me.

I know two NHS Trusts can’t decide what to do with it yet.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Paid Holiday.

(Sorry TJ)

votchy
    Free Member

As a teacher the wedding day falls during our easter break

Not in the midlands it doesn’t, kids go back to school on Tuesday after easter Monday so no point having holiday here, at work we get MOn and Tues as the easter bank hols and the Tues will be a bit of a waste as the kids are at school 👿

swavis

We’re getting an extra day off, but I’ll be using it for when something important happens, like a sunny day in June when I’ll ride my bike!

nbt

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/LivingintheUK/DG_073741

But

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12385077

Although the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton has been declared a day off, companies that demand staff work are operating within the law.

A spokesman for the Department for Business said there is no statutory right to time off for bank and public holidays.

duckman

Headfirst; School hols are in in full swing by July!I will be watching the coverage from 920m+ in Glencoe,and will doff a cap at getting the day off and may even say “gordblessyousweetmaster” in a Cockney accent.
    FWIW I used to see them kicking about St Andrews and he actually came across as a decent spud,no matter what my pre-programmed feelings towards the royal family are,so good luck to them. (Takes a ticket for the Q for “Madamme Guilotinne”)

tiggs121
    Free Member

Holidays in Englandshire are later than ours Duckman. Not sure if we are getting the day off down here in the Borders!

Glencoe is a grand alternative to watching that guff – in fact glen anywhere is a good alternative. Even potty training sounds ok!!

FuzzyWuzzy

We’re treating it as a normal Bank Holiday but as has been said, it’s not mandatory that your employer does the same.

LMT
    Free Member

We’ve been told yesterday that its a public holiday and not a bank holiday, if scheduled to work we can choose to have the day off and have it paid, if we are scheduled and we choose to work its 2.5x pay, if scheduled off your off and tough! if your scheduled off and want to work its 1.5x normal pay. TBH its not too shabby, im scheduled to work so will be doing a full shift!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Royal wedding and day off bank holiday’ is closed to new replies.