Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Roof box vs Ski Carrier – Which will give worse MPG
  • paul_m

Off to the Alps skiing in a few weeks, and given that we now have to carry 2 snowboards and 2 pairs of ski’s I started looking at additional Ski carriers (I already have 1, but will need a second to fit it all on).

This got me thinking, which would have less of an effect on fuel economy a roof box or 2 ski carriers and 2 pairs of skis and 2 snowboards. Initially I would have said the roof box would give worse economy, but it is more aerodynamic than all the ski’s/carriers, so that got me thinking.

A bit of digging on the internet came up with different views, but wondered if anyone had seen an article where it had been tested, or had any views.

downshep

Roofbox more secure and flexible in use as it can take boots, poles, sledge etc, leaving the boot for normal luggage. Also likely to be more fuel efficient than multiple ski carriers.

Ski carriers easier to store at home.

paul_m

I agree and think I will take the roof box (I already have one), just need to make sure I am not too high for the Telepeage!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Roof box vs Ski Carrier – Which will give worse MPG’ is closed to new replies.