Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl – anyone been?
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

looks like I’ll be heading that way by train in May/June. The hotel looks spectacular but the How To Get Here section doesn’t help much. Does the Bernina Express go there, does it stop at Punt Muragl, and is the funicular at the station – do you get off the train and straight on to the funicular?
    or do you have to get off at St Moritz and if so, how much faff is involved in getting to the hotel/funicular?
    Also, getting there does involve some timetable rejigging, is it worth the faff (or to put another way, is it as awesome as the web site makes it look?)

Cheers

birky
    Free Member

Not 100% sure, I’ve done the Albula pass and the Bernina pass but not the bit between. I *think* the stop you want is on the Samedan/Pontresina line not St.Moritz/Pontresina which is the other side of the river.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

cheers, I’m going from Zurich to Milan so figured the Bernina Pass would be worth doing, but the hotel is starting to look like too much faff.

thanks anyway

btw – are the steak pies in the birky inn still worth a visit?

birky
    Free Member

You could probably get a taxi at Pontresina station to the funicular, its only a couple of miles.

Haven’t been to the inn for a while but it always looks busy so they must be doing something right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Romantik Hotel Muottas Muragl – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.