Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Rohloff hub bearings
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Thanks MTG

willsimmons
    Free Member

Lipseal – they lasted about 12 months (although I don’t ride my Rohloff bike in Summer so actually less than that). The dates I have made posts don’t tally up with the timeline.

To be honest I am beginning to get a bit bored of the Rohloff. The weight of the thing deadens the feel of the bike, and I can’t do the bearing change at home which causes me a pain in the arse to arrange sending it back.

Will get it sorted out (again) and then have a think about what I want to do with it. Might just stick it on the touring/commuter bike and go back to a ‘normal’ drivetrain for winter offroading

epicyclo

I liked my Rohloff so much, I took it off and went back to singlespeed. 🙂

willsimmons
    Free Member

Hub on way back to Rohloff – no free postage this time…. But it is clearly becoming just an annual maintenance job for me so I didn’t expect it third time round.

Rohloff commented that the last time they worked on the hub it had been penetrated by water and that the bearings had corroded. This was a bit of surprise to me as I rarely clean the bike and can only think water had been getting in during wet rides. No SFB Bog Trotting!

Will see what they say after the latest work.

Difficult to ignore that you can buy a whole 10 speed groupset for £200 though (shopping around). Tempted to go back, as if I’m paying postage to Germany annual their might not be much difference in the costs of worn parts.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff hub bearings’ is closed to new replies.