Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RockShox spares & seals kit
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Bought a cheap set of 2016 30 TK Gold Solo forks back end of last year, going to strip and service them this week using the spare seals etc that came with them – but where can you get replacement service kits, other than US Ebay?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any sram stockists, common part but some might not hold stock so they will just get them in from Fisher.

nuke

Is it worth bothering doing full set of o-rings (and even seals)? Personally, unless theres a problem, id just do oil & seals (and, if it was all fairly clean inside, may not even replace seals) particularly if fork is only a few months old albeit through the winter months. Ive RS forks still working fine way older than your set on original o-rings

martinhutch

Have a look inside. Unless the seals are noticeably trashed, just clean them up with isopropyl alcohol, re-oil and pop them back in. I got a service kit from TFtuned but TBH the only spare part I’ve actually ever used is foam seals. Ended up buying a job lot of those which will probably easily last the remaining lifetime of my fork.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Martin, you got a link fir that job lot? Wouldn’t mind getting a load for my pikes.

deadkenny
    Free Member

TF Tuned. Get their refresh kit. Contains the seals, oil and lube. All you need for a standard service.

The full service kit contains the o rings and bits but I’ve judged them not needing doing so far on two sets of forks I’ve done.

Foam seal depends on the fork, some have them, some don’t. I’m not sure the new Pikes have them. TF’s kit for Pike’s 2014 onwards don’t see to have them. There’s a harder seal inside, same as I have in my Lyriks as I recall. I’ll find out with my Pikes when I get round to doing them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’re 32mm though. Need to have another search.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I got my bits for my Reba solo air on amazon and eBay. Plentiful if you search, I found it cheaper to buy all the bits separately crush washers etc

tillydog
    Free Member

I believe the kit you need is part number 00.4315.032.400 A1

This is what I used to do a full service on my 30 Gold forks (2014??). It had everything needed.

e.g. https://www.bike24.com/p2139343.html

FWIW, I wouldn’t bother with the air spring or damper if they are working, just the seals/foam rings around the stanchions (which you could probably source separately), clean out the lowers and change the lower oil. Also FWIW, I happened to change the damper oil to Putoline HPX R 5W which IMHO brought a marked improvement to the forks – YMMV.

montgomery
    Free Member

Just the job, thanks all. I’m hoping it’ll be a simple job as per last reply but won’t know until I open them up.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    montgomery
    Free Member

As per tillydog above, it was just a lower leg removal job in the end. Foam rings were filthy and dry but had done their job – not too much crud to clean out, and the forks are now working much better than from new, to the point I wish I’d done the service before I even put them on the bike. Will try that Putoline oil for the damper next time, thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RockShox spares & seals kit’ is closed to new replies.