Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Rockshox SID RLT 120mm (2011model) question
  • oldboy
    Free Member

Anyone know if this fork is compatible with the Poploc remote please?

oldboy
    Free Member

Come on, guys, can anyone give me an answer?

sam_underhill

I think it has slightly different fittings in the top of the damper for a remote. But if you have all the parts then I think you can swap it all over.

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes if the damper is the right one, ie with a spring in it. AFAIK proper aftermarket rockshox forks are either supplied with a spring-return damper and a poploc or pushloc, or they have a ‘normal’ damper with a normal fork top lever. It is rather expensive to change: you have to buy a new compression damper and a poploc lever, so you are right to be making sure at the point of purchase!

oldboy
    Free Member

Thanks, guys, that’s very useful.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Any one else shed any light on this. I was told last week when I bought the very same fork that a pop lock remote would go straight on without any extra bits?

oldboy
    Free Member

Any one else shed any light on this. I was told last week when I bought the very same fork that a pop lock remote would go straight on without any extra bits?

I take it from this that when you got the fork the Poploc wouldn’t fit – is that the case?

jonny-m
    Free Member

No, no, the fork didn’t come with a pop lock, but will be wanting to fit one at a later date. Basically i had a choice between a reba with a pop lock included or Sids without. I went for the better fork with a view to fitting a pop lock later

oldboy
    Free Member

So you bought the SID, then? That was going to be my choice too, but I was told that the 120mm version SID definately wouldn’t work with a Poploc, which is why I’m now looking at the REBA 120mm.

I’m getting confused here!!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Hopefully someone will be along with the know-how soon enough

dickie
    Free Member

Ask TF Tuned

slinkybike
    Free Member

Just looked up the RLT and it has a lock out mounted at the crown. If you want to run either a poploc or a x-loc you will need a different mo-co and the matching remote lock out either pop loc or x-loc. So basically if you need to bend over to lock it out at the moment you need a different mo-co if you want a remote. I would ride it for a bit you may like it. I have swaped some of my forks back to crown mounted lock outs to clean up the handle bar clutter.

oldboy
    Free Member

Thanks, Slinky. I just happen to have an unused remote Poploc that I acquired in an exchange deal some while ago and was hoping to use it on my next forks. I may do what you suggest using the crown lockout and see how it goes.

jonny-m
    Free Member

What’s a mo co ?can I buy one and how much is it to buy and fit…Totally confused now!

slinkybike
    Free Member

Motion Control unit like I said they are either crown activated i.e you turn the knob at the forks crown or remote in which case they have a internal spring which resets the lock out to off when the pop loc is not activated. How much they cost depends where you are although you can buy them by themselves or as a upgrade pack including the pop loc.

njee20
    Free Member

IMO they’re disproportionately expensive, better to just live with the crown mounted lockout, or look out for someone who wants to swap!

jonny-m
    Free Member

So basically the bloke in the shop who sold me the forks that said a pop lock will go straight on was a liar!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/sid-rlt look under the Spec it says “Remotes- PushLoc, PopLoc Adjust and Poploc”

So yes you can fit one, but having to buy a new pop loc,
    http://www.sram.com/rockshox/category/206 or a new unit that fits inside top of the leg depends.
    I say if you can lock out by hand and there looks like a small grub screw in the cap (and little grove for the cable) and a hole/stop in the crown you prob be able to just buy the poploc.

oldboy
    Free Member

jonny m, just to be sure – since I haven’t actually bought my forks yet – did you buy the Reba RLT 120mm or the Sid RLT 120mm?

jonny-m
    Free Member

I bought the SIDS mate RLT TI 120’s

jonny-m
    Free Member

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/montybugs/05699c7e.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5D
    Here’s the top of the fork, tbh it doesn’t look like a pop lock will go straight on there does it?

jonny-m
    Free Member

jonny-m
    Free Member

oldboy
    Free Member

Sorry, jonny-m, but couldn’t see the pics.

jonny-m
    Free Member

[/img]

jonny-m
    Free Member

Right that’s sorted it!

oldboy
    Free Member

It doesn’t look like there is any means of attaching the cable (ie: grub screw etc). So the question is – irrespective of the cost of the remote device – how much to convert the fork?

chrisjnr
    Free Member

About £170 (if you shop around)- with something like this… > http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/34406/RockShox_SID_120_Black_Box_Remote_Upgrade_Kit

Would probbably be worth forking out for the next model up as the price difference nowadays is only about £50 typically. 😛

EDIT: Ignore that edit 😛

njee20
    Free Member

I say if you can lock out by hand and there looks like a small grub screw in the cap (and little grove for the cable) and a hole/stop in the crown you prob be able to just buy the poploc.

Wrong – you need the spring in the MoCo stack to allow the lever to spring off.

Jonny you can fit a PopLoc to that, you replace the whole top cap assembly, you cannot simply buy a lever and attach it. Like I say, it’s disproportionately expensive, if the forks are new you could probably still sell them and buy the PopLoc version for less than it would cost to convert!

jonny-m
    Free Member

damn, wish id have got the reba’s now that came with a pushloc and 50 quid cheaper

oldboy
    Free Member

damn, wish id have got the reba’s now that came with a pushloc and 50 quid cheaper

Jonny, where was the Reba with Pushloc advertised please – I haven’t come across one?

EDIT: Ignore that – I found it, thanks.

jonny-m
    Free Member

On one, currently at 399 though they were 349 last week!

oldboy
    Free Member

Jonny, I have had so much conflicting info on this from bike shops (on-line I grant you!) that I’m not surprised you were misled.

I may now just buy the SID or REBA with crown lockout and sell my unused Poploc.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox SID RLT 120mm (2011model) question’ is closed to new replies.