Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb
  • frogger
    Free Member

Any updated reviews on the Rockshox Reverb? How have people been getting on with them?

I need another up and downy and I love my Specialized Command post but I am tempted by the hydraulic blackness of the Reverb!

chakaping
    Free Member

Also interested, uppy downy seatposts are quite addictive aren’t they?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

*Watches thread with interest*

catnash
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

*Watches thread with interest*

As do I… tempted to sell my 2 Command Posts for one Reverb…

rewski
    Free Member

Loving my reverb, I’m amazed how often I use it. There’s a bit of play, and squeaking, might try a bit of friction paste. Non bikers laugh in my face when I tell them what I paid for a seat post.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Love mine – although I did have a bit of a stack & hooked my shorts over the lever & it’s a bit wobbly now. Running it on the underside of the LHS of the bars.

Can’t believe I went for so long without one, talk about making riding way more fun 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

Mine is currently broken and with fishers.

5 rides, 4 local woodsy loops. First proper offroad ride and it lost all air and wouldn’t return to height (whites descent at afan). Presume it’s a blown seal.

I hope I got a duff one, given all the rave reviews I’m a bit disappointed at the moment.

Trimix
    Free Member

I have one – been using it twice a week and once a weekend for the last four weeks.

It came in a nice box, well packed, good instructions, all the little clips/zipties/fasteners, bleed kit etc.

Fitted very well, I did not need to shorten the hose, so no cutting or bleading. Took about 30 secs to stick the post in, and say four or five mins to route the hose using the selection of well made and thought out clips they supply.

I fitted it RH and the bar mounted thing is not obtrusive or sticky outy. I mounted my SRAM shifter on it as thats how it can be used. Very neat and tidy. I cant see me breaking it in a crash unless its a very unlucky fall.

The action is fantastic, smooth and adjustable from fast to slow. Ive set it slow so I can raise/lower it a smidge for ‘woods’ riding or all the way down for DH style. Then a quick push it comes up for the climb.

Once fitted I am now addicted to using it. I seem to use it all the time now and dont think about it.

Ive not used it in mud – given the weather thats not surprising. But the quality of the kit, the little extras they sent, the beed kit, and the way it works just shouts quality. Plus SRAM do have a very good service center in the UK. Ive no doubts about it and feel comfortable with the back up.

Is it worth the money – well thats a personal thing. Is it top quality with good smooth action – Yes.

In use you cant feel any movement in the seat, if you waggle it there is a tiny perceptable amount of movement, but not with you bum on it.

The seat clamp is good and as solid as the Thompson I took off.

The infinie level of adjustment plus the adjustment of return speed and range of drop sell it. Nevermind the quality and easy of use. You wont need to faf about with cables when the weather goes sour.

chakaping
    Free Member

when I tell them what I paid for a seat post.

that was your mistake

😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Oh, yes. Use friction paste so you dont overtighten the seat clamp. You can tighten it too much.

rewski
    Free Member

that was your mistake

indeed, I cannot lie when asked, even to the wife.

prezet
    Free Member

I’m holding out for Fox’s offering with the D.O.S.S – not sure when it’s due to hit the shops though.

prezet
    Free Member

Actually, I’d be tempted by a Reverb now – unfortunately the cable guides on my BFe are all for cables (due to the splitter bits) – unless I drill them out, which I’m not going to be doing.

AlexSimon

I’ll be holding judgement until I see a UK winter spent on them.

There appear to be lots of problems on MTBR.

It’s hard to judge how it compares to the Joplin, but I would be tempted to swap from my Joplin given how easily it broke the first time.

It seems to be a very tricky item to build right. Lets hope Fox have brought something new to the party.

dlr

prezet, these will sort your problem (fellow BFe owner, why on earth are top mount guides not fully open for a full outer cable run to rear mech!)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19014

jim
    Free Member

Mine didn’t work at all out of the box so needed an immediate bleed, and I’m not sure I got this quite 100% as I sometimes do need to give the saddle a bit of a shunt to get it moving.

Despite that it is indeed a marvelous thing in use.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m also tempted,

Gravity Dropper – least slop, most reliable, lightest.

KS -cheep but I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve had it trouble free!

Everything else – A better solution than the GD in every way apart from weight.

fbk
    Free Member

Had mine a few months now and I’m convinced. It’s amazing how much you actually use it once you get used to it – higher than normal for long climbs, a smidge of a drop for more undulating stuff, a bit more for technical trails and dropped proper for DH runs.

I’ve got the normal right hand lever and run it under the left hand side of my bars – it nestles up next to my shifter (SRAM) nicely has a lovely action once bled.

As others have stated, a little bit of play but minimal. So far so good…

prezet
    Free Member

Cheers dlr, spot on – I know It’s a bit of a pain in the a*se.

Still think I’ll wait for the Fox though… 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Jim, that does not sound right. Get it sorted before you break something internal. Is your seatclamp too tight. It should slide as smooth as a smooth thing.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Best upgrade I have made. Run mine with RH lever under left hand side. I fond the leaver action fits nicely with the front mech and it’s protected from any comedy moment crashes. Worked out the box. Push leaver in a bit for slow or all the way in for fast. Has made a noticeable difference to climbing and single track

trout
    Free Member

another one here with blown seals after 5 rides
    not very happy lots of seals blown on mtbr .

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Had a Joplin 3 – Broke 4 times in a year.

Joplin 3 was Replaced with a Joplin 4, worked faultlessly for 8months then broke.

Thought sod the Joplin im buying a Reverb.

Reverb broke in 3 weeks………

Currently being fixed at Fisher, something came loose inside which meant it couldnt hold the 250psi inside which it requires for it to come back up. I tried pumping it back up but could just hear air leaking and my guage dropping from 200psi to 50psi, i couldnt even reach 250psi.

edit.
    Worth mentioning I now have my Joplin 4 back on and i actually prefer how much quicker it comes up and goes down to the reverb. Ill put the reverb back on once its back fro repair.

DT78
    Free Member

3 people with blown seals on this thread alone, so I’m not alone – and I’m hardly a biffer at 13st.

I’d put it down to the fact I was doing a rough descent, very fast on a stiff hardtail (mmmbop).

Still I would expect something sold for mountain biking and costing over £200 shouldn’t break on it’s 5th ride.

Anyone know if they are putting in better seals?

I had the same sort of early adopter issue with my Garmin 800 – read all the reviews, 10/10 – screen cracked in 10 rides. (lovely people at Garmin sorted under warranty newer version has slightly different screen design)…. maybe I should test products for mags??

Crell
    Free Member

Currently in a box and waiting to be fitted.

Does anyone know where you can get extra ones of those little cable clips it comes with? Three isn’t going to be enough for my wacky cable routing.

Vinte
    Free Member

I’d recommend KS, my 950i has run almost perfectally for over a year of riding at least twice a week in all conditions. I’ve stripped it down and regressed it once when it started getting a little sticky. I’ve also had to clean the cable a few times but its no drama.

It’s only got the tinyest amount of play, far less than any of the other dropper seatposts seen (inc the Reverb).

jim
    Free Member

Jim, that does not sound right. Get it sorted before you break something internal. Is your seatclamp too tight. It should slide as smooth as a smooth thing.

It is indeed smooth as a smooth thing, except when releasing from fully extended, when it sometimes delays before releasing and needs a little more pressure than my svelte frames provides naturally.

(As I bought it over in the states I suspect I’m out of luck in terms of getting someone to look at it without paying)

timmys

KS -cheep but I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve had it trouble free!

The first i900 I had in mid 2009 suffered scored stantions very quickly but the replacment has been bob on since Sept 2009. No issues, two winters, no servicing or maintenance by me at all (naughty boy).

toons
    Free Member

I’ve been using my reverb for 7 months and it’s bloody brilliant. It’s got some play in it and the seat creaks. Also on my second remote after smashing the first in a crash.

Only bad thing is the remote lever; its cast so you need to be a little careful turning the bike upside down or catching you shorts on it etc.

I’d defo buy another one.

prezet
    Free Member

Can someone tell me if the Reverb and possibly the DOSS drop down on their own? All the videos I have seen show they need pressure on the saddle to make the post drop i.e. your arse.

slowrider
    Free Member

Crell I ordered some stick on cable guides from CRC for mine.

Had no probs, been using it regularly for a couple of months. Having used a few alternatives it’s definitely the best option out there right now.

My dad broke his in a hefty crash on snowdon. To be fair it was a minor break at the point where the hose meets the post and could easily have been fixed if spares were in stock. As they aren’t, fisher are replacing it for him. Good on them!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Reverb needs slight body weight. It’s surprising easy.

steveh

Gravity Dropper – least slop, most reliable, lightest.

If that’s the case I’ll not be having another dropper post ever! My GD snapped twice in 6 months so i got rid and I weigh 10 stone. I’d love another but will wait until the reverb has been around for a bit longer first.

jambon
    Free Member

Are there any 6″ droppy posts out there yet?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got one and I’m smug. So there you go.

I’m utterly crap at looking after things, I left the bike upside down for a long while, I never wash it. Mine’s still working and I haven’t bothered to do the intial bleed yet.

vinnyeh

Are there any 6″ droppy posts out there yet?

dunno, but rase black mamba is about 9″

jambon
    Free Member

Bought a Black mamba, but due to customs screw ups, never recieved it and got my money back – won’t do the import thing again (the folks at Rase were great though). Really need at least 6″ of drop – being lanky like. I did see a vague note on an MBR that I was flicking through some months ago that one brand under test had a 6″ dropper in development (400mm length post)

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb’ is closed to new replies.