• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tang.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Roadrat, show me yours please!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Although I'm looking to get a commuter bike I almost forgot to check the Roadrat.
    Please show me yours, tell me about the experiences, how much fun or how crap it is. Cheers!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I got a stock flat bar one with the Hope disc brake upgrade on Cycle scheme last year …

SS is great for commuting

RR is amazingly agile in traffic and great fun but I don't have any pics

Hairychested
    Free Member

It'll be either a fixie or a SS, depends on funding available. And drops rather than flats due to the terrain (Louth/Meath).

sheldona
    Free Member

Mine arrives next week and I'm planning a drop bar ss cx type of thing. Should be built in a few weeks as still waiting on bits!

sparsons
    Free Member

There's a group on Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/groups/roadrat/, should give you plenty of ideas.

Clink

Commuted on mine for about 4 years. Medium/long, rack, discs, flat bars.
    Sturdy but agile! Very reliable – mines been crashed on ice several times this winter and it's only me that's suffered!

They are heavy but handle well.

Hairychested
    Free Member

What do you mean by heavy? 2.2kg a frame? 2.8kg?
    Besides, is the frame on the "forgiving" side or is it "efficient"?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mine is the factory Alfine with a few changes – Brooks B17 saddle, rack, bar ends, better seatpost and higher rise/shorter stem. It's also had a front rack added since this picture, but I've not got round to adding mudguards yet. I've also lowered the gearing a bit from the standard spec by changing the rear cog.

For commuting it's excellent and the gearing has also been fine for other longer trips I've done (nothing over 30 miles so far though). I reckon the Alfine doesn't really have the gearing range for fully-loaded touring though.

theboatman
    Free Member

I think mine is grand for the daily commute, and I've used it loaded up for weekend trips. But rear flats in the dark are no fun.

couby
    Free Member

boatman, your bike looks great! makes me wish i'd never got rid of mine. is that a long or short version?

theboatman
    Free Member

Oo Ta, it' a medium short.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Would like to turn it into a black version of the new Genesis Croix de Fer, with drops, discs etc, so more cyclo-crossy than it is currently. But things like mortages and food keep getting in the way.

tang
    Free Member

great multi-surface commuter. +1 for flats in the dark on the rear! gets a bit crowded down there keeping all us consumers happy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Roadrat, show me yours please!’ is closed to new replies.