• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pukz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • roadies > delta cleats for all look pedals?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Had an amazing time at newport velodrome yesterday for a taster session. I had to buy some delta cleats for the bikes (not allowed to swap pedals)

Well now I want some pedals for my road bike (been using mtb one's for a while). On some sites it states I can use delta cleats with any look road pedal: Je James

and others say they only work with pre keo design?: look delta cleats

So which is it? Will these red cleats work with keo pedals or do i have to get smoe other cleats to work with keos.

westkipper
    Free Member

You'll have to get the Keo-specific cleats for keos.

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, Keos have smaller cleats, they also wear out in about 30 seconds.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers… well the information on the JE james website "Red Cleats can be used on all LOOK pedals" isn't correct? Or do they class look keo pedals as totally different?

As usual their own website has very limited information.

I'll just get some delta compatible and save some money rather than spending another £80 on pedals

0091paddy
    Free Member

Njee – how do you work that one out?

Delta pedals are a bit old hat now, people still use them though.

westkipper
    Free Member

FWIW, I quite like Keos, They're probably the lightest pedal around that has a fully fixed option, the wear isn't too bad if you dont walk in them / unclip every ten seconds, and they seem to have fixed the chronic problem of all previous generations of Looks- namely that CCRREAKKK! CCRREAKKK! noise between the cleat and pedal that Looks were easily the worst for.

aP
    Free Member

If you're going to use them for a lot of track riding I'd recommend keeping them solely for that and buying a separate set for road.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I still use Deltas, heavy, but do the job. I'm too tight fisted to change anyway!

Delta need delta cleats, Keo need Keo cleats.

Unless I'm mistaken red means float (it does on Delta anyway), the black cleats if you can find them have no float.

The newer Delta cleats have white areas at thye contact points with the pedals, AFAIK that is what stopped the old creaking problem.

colnagokid

Ive got some red delta cleats you can have, if you only want cleats?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I've got the red cleats already. The delta pedals felt great on the track bike i was using, much more positive than the time atac's i've been using ont he road bike for 6 months.

Will look into the keo's

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I've a pair of delta's if you want them? 396 adjustable float model. good nick for the age, mostly been sat in the spares box. £15. dc30online AT gmail.com

njee20
    Free Member

I walk about 50 yards from bike – office and back and find cleats break after a couple of months, compared to SPD-SLs which lasted years.

They're worse now they've put the 'non slip' stuff on them, because that wears out, then there's nowt to protect the cleat. I find the non slip stuff also makes getting into the pedal harder.

Older cleats were much better IMO!

Still good pedals though…

PaulD
    Free Member

Trickydisco,

I have a pair of blue Look Delta pedals, only ever used on my turbo indoors, with a brand new pair of Black Delta Cleats and a pair of used Red Delta cleats.
    Whole package is £20 posted.

Interested?

Anyone else interested?

Mail me on paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

meandyuk

The wearing issue annoys me about the Keo cleats too, and replacements are like £16 for a couple of bits of plastic! I'm thinking of changing pedal because of it, does anyone know of a roadie pedal that takes metal cleats or stronger plastic that will last longer?

Pukz
    Free Member

I have Look Keo Max 2 and would recommend them to anyone! Red cleats give you 9 degree of float.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘roadies > delta cleats for all look pedals?’ is closed to new replies.