• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by STL.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road tyre "fault" – so, will I ??
  • scaredypants

… you know, die 🙁

Hutchinson Secteurs FWIW

They’re not that old – thousand miles maybe – but both F&R have the same issue: The small overlappy bit of the outside of the carcass near to the bead is beginning to delaminate (see pics)

The underlying tyre seems OK to me but I’m not sure whether this crappy bit of fabric is all that’s holding the bead on. Anyone know ?

(I’ll try to contact Hutchy as well but I thought I’d get the genuine experts onto it early)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o1kwa1]P1040624[/url] by scaredypants, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o3g4wo]P1040623[/url] by scaredypants, on Flickr

robdob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use them myself. That isn’t a big mileage so worth pursuing a little bit as I don’t think that should have happened after that many miles. They could just say no and I don’t think you’d have a leg to stand on but it’s worth asking.

edhornby

Tyres are too important to risk, get new ones on then try for money back and if you get a good response happy days

neilwheel
    Free Member

The carcass is attached to the bead, but still don’t look good.

Have you always had enough pressure in them when riding?

scaredypants

yeah, always had plenty of pressure

bought abroad as not available in the UK at the time, so I doubt that’ll be a goer

I’m tempted to ride ’em, but….

tuffty
    Free Member

My mate had a hutch tyre do that and then go bang, bloody loud when it went, luckily he wasn’t riding fast at the time. Bin them.

STL

Hutchinson have replaced 2 sets of tyres for me under warranty for just that reason – splits down the edge of the rim, mine were tubeless fusion 3s. Bike shop contacted them directly, no hassle, but that was in the US.

scaredypants

thanks everyone. STL – are the replacements behaving themselves ?

STL

Not going to find out, trying to sell them! Figure 2 bad sets not going to risk newest replacements.
    Replaced with Ultremo ZX that have been awesome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road tyre "fault" – so, will I ??’ is closed to new replies.