Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road riding – Tell me more!
  • baggyone
    Free Member

Hola

The weather here in Sweden has improved tremendously now and I am seriously considering getting a road bike for commuting to the office and back each day. Its about a 25 mile round trip.

I’m not looking for a commuter bike. I’m interested in getting into road riding more as we have a long summer here in the south of Sweden and there aren’t that many hills so it will be more about distance/speed.

What bike would you all suggest? I’m looking at a budget of about £600 to £800 for it. I would love a Bianchi but I don’t know why.

Also, is the lycra obligatory?

Thanks

Baggone

boxelder

Here you go

Faster, cleaner, good for fitness & speed.
    Less interesting and attracts some less friendly elements (my opinion…..)
    I’m getting more and more into it.

stratobiker
    Free Member

IMHO, if you ain’t never skimped along in a road race escape/bunch in the heat of the summer wearing nothing but lyrca…..

You ain’t lived.

Spend more…………………..

The difference between a £500 bike and a £3000 bike isn’t much unless you’ve spent most of the time riding the £3k, then it’s enormous.

SB

baggyone
    Free Member

I would honestly love to spend more as I enjoy my bling! I feel it is best that I give it a go and use it for commuting to work first and see how it goes.

Not my usual approach but extremely sensible of me!!! (Lets see how long that lasts!)

jms
    Free Member

Having considered buying a Trek 1.2 (as I think this has fittings for mudguards), I’ve just bought a very slightly marked new Bianchi C2C with Shimano 105/Ultegra rear mech for around £500 so might be worth shopping around for a slightly older model. IMHO, it’s a nice fast bike but also find it’s very comfortable. Bikeradar has various forums relating to road bikes so might be worth asking on there.

As for the lycra, having been riding my Bianchi in 3/4 length baggies I’m becoming conscious of wind resistance so may take the plunge and go for the lycra!

druidh
    Free Member

If you really want a commuter, then I recommend something that’ll take mudguards.

baggyone
    Free Member

druidh, I understand what you mean. Perhaps I should have said I’m thinking of getting into road riding and thought I could also use the bike to ride into work occasionally!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road riding – Tell me more!’ is closed to new replies.