Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road rides around Bradford on Avon
  • surfdad
    Free Member

I’m looking for a shortish (2hrs) ride to do around Bradford on Avon. Straightforward route finding would be ideal as I don’t know the area very well.

Any tips?

Cheers

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Does it have to be “road”. Great canal route to Bath going west, or Devises going East.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Some very quiet roads around there.Best to ride out towards Farleigh Monkton and into Somerset.Busier towards Bath.Nice tough climb by Dundas up to the outskirts of Bath.Trowbridge out towards Devizes.Loads around there.Use to do lots when my ex use to own a Canal boat at B-O-A.

surfdad
    Free Member

How long are the canal routes? Guess I could take the 29er 🙂

Captain_Sponge

Surfdad, the canal side rides are ok, but will be busier on weekends and whilst its a pretty canal, it is only a canal…

I think you’d be best of road riding. Loads of quiet roads out towards Lacock, or further south and you can easily plot a good route around there. I’d stay away from the main A roads and its pretty hard to go wrong.

Janesy
    Free Member

BOA… I’m in Staverton.

I regularly go towards Corsham using the lanes then up to Biddiston round CastleCombe and back.

The lanes are nice smooth roads with no traffic.

llama

Don’t ride the canal, or the 2 tunnels. You _will_ die (of boredom).

Loads of nice quiet lanes for road riding, just go out and get lost. e.g. loop out west around Wellow or Radstock, or north to Castle Combe as above. Take in Winsley Hill or Brassnocker for a bit of lung stretching.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you ride from B-O-A to Devizes along the tow path is 11.5 miles to the flight.You can get of the canal and go up to Roundway hill bit there nice views thats on a MTB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road rides around Bradford on Avon’ is closed to new replies.