Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Road: New Build
  • boblo
    Free Member

I was on here recently agonising over DA/Force/Ultegra etc to complement a CR1 SL frame I got in the Westbrook’s sale last year. Well, I went for DA and it’s now all built up. Not ridden it yet, bad back stops play (and it hurts like a feckity **** thing having spent the past few hours in the garage:

Bregante

Oof.

That.

Looks.

Lovely.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Very nice.

sputnik
    Free Member

I like it.
    I like it a lot!

piemonster

*notes block paving is tidier than mine*

fathomer

Very nice indeed 8)

boblo
    Free Member

@pie well we’ll get to see in a couple of days when your new frame turns up 🙂 It is ready for a jet wash which is a filthy job…

titusrider
    Free Member

Get your back sorted and work on your flexibility. 10 mins work every morning on hamstring stretches and you will be able to slam that stem and the bike will thank you for making it look awesome

😉

Ps it looks pretty sweet already!

rOcKeTdOg

Save around 10lb if u lose the stem spacers, won’t do your back any good though

chakaping
    Free Member

Hope you like it after waiting that long!

I bought one after your PSA, rode it for a year and I’ve sold it already.

😀

boblo
    Free Member

I keep mine forever. I also have a 2009 CR1 Pro which is the pre-mamilised version. After a brief 10 mile spin round the Fens, they feel pretty similar though I think the steering is a bit quicker on the older bike. Here it is (any excuse):

cynic-al
    Free Member

Weight?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Fails to find misaligned valves/tyre logos, weeds or garage door in need of paint. Shuffles off in dissapointment.

boblo
    Free Member

A rather disappointing 7.2kg.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nice build. Have you been fitted?

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah for the older one. I just copied the setup across.

geetee1972
    Free Member

A rather disappointing 7.2kg.

I wouldn’t be disappointed but I can understand that this is your initial reaction. That’s right on what i would have expected it to weigh and, if it’s any consolation, it’s what my road bike weighs. I know that we all expect road bikes to easily under the UCI limit of 6.8kg but the reality is that’s not that easy to achieve and unless your wheels are overtly heavy, you’re not going to be at any disadvantage at that weight.

Be happy. It’s a lovely machine.

alansd1980

I get the impression that Internet weights are way under the mark. I have a build that on paper is 6.6 kg in real life it’s 7.4 and thats with a f and f that weight 1000g

That is a stunning build and it just egging me on. To buy one of the reduced framesets!

turbo1397
    Free Member

Lovely build. I just purchased a CR1 pro f&f from westbrooks last week and it’s currently in the lbs. Getting it back this week.. can’t wait. Nice rims.. what are they, Reynolds?

warton
    Free Member

Nice,

those new Dura Ace cranks are currently my favourite bike thing at the moment…

pictonroad

I bought one of those 2009 frames from here, steering is sparrow fart sensitive, gives me the right willies on a fast descent. Need to invest in a bigger pair to make the most of it.

new bike looks bloody lovely.

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah, they’re Reynolds Assault SLG’s. ~1500g so same as the Ksyrium’s they replaced.

dantsw13

Boblo – you very nearly changed my mind when I saw that CR1 on the other thread, but I stuck to my guns and bought the Viner Maximus (£850 in the sale). It will have all my 11spd 105 gear moved across from my broken frame.

That CR1 does look nice though.

PS – hope the back gets sorted. There’s nothing saps the power more than a painful back.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That looks lovely!

bikebouy
    Free Member

You might as well have stuck some Brompton bars on it, I mean thooooossse stem spacers 😛

boblo
    Free Member

Bugger off, it fits me like a carbon glove 😛

bm0p700f
    Free Member

The only way to predict the weight of a build is to weigh every part as you get. Very time consuming and it does not really add to the fun of riding.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bet it wheelies well 😆

(I like it BTW, but sort yer back out pwleeese, quickly like )

😀

turbo1397
    Free Member

just resurecting this thread. Mine is complete now bar getting a proper bike fit and sorting the steerer tube. taking it out today to see how it goes.. 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uCK7go]Bike 3 side[/url] by thebigman1191, on Flickr

cynic-al
    Free Member

That the Sportive version? :mrgreen:

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Did you not fancy buying that fit you?

cynic-al
    Free Member

TBF that looks like a 60, prob their biggest size.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

bar getting a proper bike fit

Yup, that shows. 😕

onandon
    Free Member

You’ll be hunched over like a dog having a poo, unless you have the proportions of a T-Rex 🙂

turbo1397
    Free Member

It’s an XL. It’s the right size. Really long legs and short torso.. got back problems hence the spacers and positive rise in stem.

boblo
    Free Member

Noice 😀 Do you know the weighed weight of the wheels please? Bikebouy will be along in a minute to tell you off about the spacers as well 😛

turbo1397
    Free Member

Unfortunately the spacers are a necessity as I have a bad back and cant get that low.. :(. Wheels are actually farsport 38mm clinchers, that my friend gave me (he put the mavic decals on!).. wheels are 1380g before tubes q/release etc..

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Road: New Build’ is closed to new replies.