Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • road disc brake pads.. shimano L03A OR J03A?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hi folks. Can ahyone tell me if i can use the shimano J03a pad on a road bike? i can get them for 1/2 the price of the L03a..

simondbarnes

They are different shapes so no.

Flaperon

No one seems to have L03A pads in stock, so I’ve ordered a set of Gorilla pads (Kendal based company).

Their website is unhelpful (they seem to have about 30 different compounds and only half of them have an explanation) but seem more reliable as a company than the no-name four-for-a-tenner ones on eBay.

If you’re not in any rush I’ll update this post in a week or two with how well they work. Given that at the moment the brakes are metal on metal, they can really only improve things.

simondbarnes

No one seems to have L03A pads in stock

They’re discontinued. Replacement is L05A-RF

ginkster
    Daffy

I’ve got a set of new set of SwissStop Disc 34 RS for Shimano road brakes if anyone’s interested? £18 posted.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Eventually went for some non finned KO3S, £10 an end. Hopefully better than nowt 🤞

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a couple of sets of unused L03A pads going spare. PM me if you’re still in need of some.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘road disc brake pads.. shimano L03A OR J03A?’ is closed to new replies.