Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 296 total)
  • Rigid won’t die? Show us yours!
  • kayak23

The mighty Dune.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TYj9No]Dune under[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

dovebiker

My Waltly titanium custom 29+ – nearly 6 years old, but an absolute blast – great for munching the miles over any terrain.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That Unit and whatever Malvern has

Nah that Singlebe is just me dreaming. I have a Longitude and already missing the Vagabond (sigh) so hope it will sink in properly after a while. That Unit does look truly ‘right’ in a similar way to that Singlebe. Here’s the front end and it looks just as lush as the rear. Woof. Etc. I want it. Even if it’s missing sliding dropouts. Grr.

tdog
    Free Member

I have some absolutely awe inspiring rigid 20mm steel forks that put even my old Niner RDOs to shame.

Obvs mated to a steel frame running ss.

🤘

Liking the red Surly however prefer steel forks to carbon from experience.

dawson

Another Unit

Unit

Saccades
    Free Member

Freebie Kona Hahanna – pub bike and holiday cruiser.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I’m not an amazingly experienced mountain biker at all, but every time I ride suspension I think ‘this feels a tiny bit faster but weird’. I never get used to how it moves under me- too long on rock solid track and tt bikes- and I find rigid makes me go more sensible speed downhill, which in public trails with dog walkers etc is probably good

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Genesis Tarn. Cheapest bike I have bought myself in 8 years (750 all in) and gets used for bikepacking and wee ride baby carrying.

kerley
    Free Member

but every time I ride suspension I think ‘this feels a tiny bit faster but weird’. I never get used to how it moves under me

think I am the same. Have tried suspension forks a few times over the last twenty years (last time was a couple of month in Spring this year but always go back to rigid and always go back to single speed or fixed. I think it is because my cycling from age 4 to 18 was on rigid, single speed bikes (mostly BMX) so they just feel right.

benp1

My only MTB is a Cotic Solaris

It’s basically the same as Whitestone’s above but in duck egg blue

I have a sus fork for it which it used to run, but has been rigid for a long while now

jakd95
    Free Member

Finished building this about a month ago, first frame of my own. Definitely tends more towards drop bar rigid MTB than gravel bike, geometry loosely based on a Salsa Fargo. Using it for bikepacking and long gravel rides.

2019-07-07_03-44-39

qwerty
    Free Member

Surly Krampus, new to me:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gPvLDb]Surly Krampus[/url] by martinddd, on Flickr

Just done 403 miles / 43296′ bikepacking on this beastie.

jabbi
    Free Member

Charge Duster
    https://flic.kr/p/TCZnb7

xico
    Free Member

My Genesis Fortitude Race. My favourite bike – I’m currently having a clear out and this is the only one I’m keeping.

tuboflard

My go to bike. Ride this more than any other bike I have as it’s the most rewarding and simple set up which I love.

kcal

Rubbish at setting up pics.
    But it would include Kona Kilaeua (with RC31s) and Swift (with often plus front and 29r rear).

tthew

There’s a lot of Cheshire riders on this thread – must be something about that place that suits them…

This is in Big Wood next to Marbury Park some years ago, but it looks no different now really. Done a 20 mile bimble on it this very day!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Soooo, if I was to put a rigid fork on my Orange Clockwork 100 29er, coz the ancient Recons on it are rubbish heavy and knackered,what are the recommended not silly expensive ones?

I’d probably be looking at boost/29+ for the option of a bit of cush and a bit of future flexibility.

Think Carbon would suit it better than steel, and I like the look of the monocoque type forks more.

sadexpunk

my favourite bikes have mostly been rigid singlespeeds….. currently only got the one bike, a singular gryphon. this is it when i was building it up with some h-bar copies, but ive since swapped back over to ragley luxy bars, i really should take a pic, ive had it long enough now….

prior to that a swift…..

before that a soulcraft plowboy….

but…. i think every time i look at old pics of this one, i realise i should never have sold it. cant remember who i sold it to to ask if its still alive, but i think its been my favourite bike so far, an old kilauea that i had converted to ss and re-sprayed. hydraulic v’s, silver glitter saddle, lovely to ride, so much fun, why oh why oh why DID I SELL IT??

tdog
    Free Member

Mary H- most deffo Niner rigids although Whiskey probably more available nowadays

ajf
    Free Member

My current swift

swift

My old niner emd

niner emd

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Exotic by carboncycles get good write-ups. Never had one myself. I do remember some complaints about their warranty and customer service but that was years ago now. They make a nice monocoque version – reviewed in the magazine I think. I seem to recall that they were rumoured to be making forks for a fairly big name outfit – maybe even whiskey, can’t recall now.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Just bought a Genesis Tarn frame with their carbon rigid fork, going to try single speed for the first time too so this thread is providing inspiration! This ‘winter bike’ is going to come in useful this summer….

jameso

simplicity, form and function

That bit. The form bit, less so but I think rigid bikes have more chance of looking good than a susser.

This isn’t a bike I’d buy for the looks but I love how the function drives the form so well. Helps that it’s such a great ride loaded or unloaded. Had it 7+ years now, this one won’t die!

willard

Merlin Malt 2 from 2008. Went rigid at the beginning of this year and love it. a lot faster on the commute.

roverpig

This has since been replaced with a carbon Dude, which is also rigid, but this looks better 🙂

stumpy01

My 26er Barry White Inbred with Exotic Carbon Forks (465mm A-C length) that I fitted a couple of months ago.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gQmBHn]2019-08-05_10-26-41[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

andyeez
    Free Member

On One Lurcher

On One Lurcher

ragnarock
    Free Member

DeKerf 29er Rohloff

DeKerf

DeK2

TimT
    Free Member

My 2010 Jones. Recently re-sprayed and re-built. Love this bike, especially on tight, twisty trails and downhill switchbacks.

TimT
    Free Member

repainted Jones bike

TimP
    Free Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BcP8moNpbQ91npKQA

My Bombtrack Beyond+ which I can’t get to show up!!

TimP
    Free Member

Oh here it is!!

nixie

Not the best photo but the only one I have to hand. Comfortable (86 miles on it yesterday), fast good fun. Also good for squashing lazy full suspension habits :D.

andy5390

Thought it a bit “wrong” to post an unfinished bike earlier, here’s the finished article. Brother Cycles Big Bro, with some Hope bits, WTB rims, M6000 group, Jones Loop Bar

funkmasterp

That Big Bro looks lovely. Tempted to go for Big Apples on my Stooge. How do you find them for multi-terrain use?

andy5390

Great on the usual potholed roads, these are 29×2.35 BTW. On the 1 mile hard packed gravel stretch on my commute, they can be a bit sketchy in tight corners, wet grass is almost ice-like, never tried any muddy bits yet. I previously had a Longitude with 2.8 WTB Rangers which cornered much better on the gravel (obviously being knobbly tyres), and I don’t ride hard and fast.

Might change them for a “mild” MTB tread pattern tyre, we’ll see, they’re still relatively new.

amedias
    Free Member

@sadexpunk

I think that pink Kilauea ended up with me, not sure if I bought it off you directly or via someone else as it was years ago… I’m assuming it’s the same one as there can’t be many others like it, same size, colour and decals and converted to track ends, I’m 99.9% sure it’s that one, here’s what it was like with me:

Kona

If is then I’m sad to say it’s probably dead… I passed it on to someone once I found the 4th crack, they said they were going to attempt to fix it but I think it was too far gone.

kcal

hm, I too have a Kilaeua (’95 I think I established) converted to track ends..

bikesandboats
    Free Member

My Jones 29er

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 296 total)

The topic ‘Rigid won’t die? Show us yours!’ is closed to new replies.