Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rigid 26" Forks
  • Bucko

I’m tempted to push the button on some brand new On One CroMo forks for £70 for my Inbred winter bike. But imve just noticed I could buy some eXotic Alu forks for about £75.

Can anyone recommend, compare or slate either fork? Or recommend a different option? I’m not looking to spend much more than £75 so carbon is out of budget.

rickmeister

Have a set of the exotic alu ones on an ibis tranny …

What can I say … The wheel fits in one end, bike frame at the other, the fork holds it up off the floor…

Well made, good finish, rides well , coping with tech riding and high speed rough tracks well .. Judder free..

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just ordered a pair of carbon white Exotic forks for the xc bike . . . watch this space 😛

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of rigid on one carbons. Would sell for £80. Few marks where the crown race was but otherwise no scratches etc. 195mm steerer. In Taunton if any good to you?

Bucko

@Rob2 I’m interested but I’ll have to check the steerer length on my current forks first

monkeyp

I also have a set of White Bros rock solids for sale. £50 posted if interested.

mjsmke

I bought some new On one chromoly rigid forks from Planet X on ebay for £59 posted.

Duffer
    Free Member

What can I say … The wheel fits in one end, bike frame at the other, the fork holds it up off the floor…

Brilliant 😀

For what it’s worth, i’m really enjoying my Salsa Cromotos. But they’re more like £100.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Pay the extra and get Cromotos. They’re head and shoulders above anything around £100. There are better forks but they’re at least twice the price.

takisawa2

Had both. Still have some alloy Exotics somewhere, (but 29er versios). The On-One Cro-Mo’s weigh a tonne & are too stiff. The alloy Exotics are leagues ahead. Having ridden a few rigids, carbon flex a bit more on bigger hits, but steel uni-crowns like Salsa Cro-Moro’s (for me), soaked up bumps better. I use Niners steel fork on my SIR.9 & they are lovely.
    I wouldn’t buy On-One’s cro mo forks if I could get Exotic for the same money though.

Kato

I have both Project 2’s and Salsa CroMoto. I’d recommend either

Bucko

Good luck to anyone finding some Salsa CroMotos in stock anywhere!

plus-one

Second hand exotic carbons can be had £60-£80 … Very nice fork.. White ^ forks are identical I think and £50 !!! Bargain right there ….

Bucko

@monkeyp can you email me some photos please? How long is the steerer? What’s the a to c length?

jonba
    Free Member

Pipedream were selling their infinity fork for £50 but that was a while ago. You had to email them to order.

neilwheel
    Free Member

CroMotos vote here, but as above, good luck finding any either new or used.

monkeyp

Bucko – you have mail

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rigid 26" Forks’ is closed to new replies.