Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • riding cheshire ring
  • albish
    Free Member

thinking about cycling the cheshire ring from ashton no any good champ sites

monksie
    Free Member

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but I've ridden the Cheshire Ring twice. I won't be doing it a third time.
    It took me 8 – 9 hours with relaxed food stops.
    I started (and unsurprisingly finished) in Marple.
    It gets pretty 'iffy in Manchester. You'll have to abandon the tow path to cross the city centre.
    I started by 6:00am both times to get a head start on walkers and did it both times mid week.

samuri
    Free Member

He wants campsites.

For a minute I thought were were talking about the Cheshire cycleway which is around 200 miles long (and osmething I keep thinking about doing in a day) and I was super impressed with your 8 hours but then I remembered you talking about the ring in the past 😉

monksie
    Free Member

Oh, I rode the Cheshire Canal Ring. The real achievement was staying sane. That was a mother of a boring day out. I can't even think why I did it twice.

tthew

I've always fancied that myself, probably more as an achievement than a good day out. I've also a real hankering to do the Sandstone Way, but as it's all footpath, will have to be a really quiet day.

monksie
    Free Member

Now then, what is this Sandstone Way of which you mention?

Found it http://www.sandstonetrail.co.uk/

tthew

Starts in Frodsham, goes through Delamere Forest, past Beeston/Peckforton and finishes in Whitchurch. 30ish miles, but that's one so it's ride back, lift or train.

Oh yeah, that's the one, but like I said,

Bikes and Horses: Mountain bikes are actively discouraged on the Sandstone Trail, while horses are allowed only on short sections of designated bridleway.

albish
    Free Member

any good camp sites on the cheshire ring

stever
    Free Member

The Sandstone Trail has to be run really…
    Can't help on the camping I'm afraid.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have you tried here
    http://www.waterscape.com/
    I own a boatthe canal is pretty but also fairly dull …like 19thc C motorways really you know tree lined and all that but I would not want to cycle for miles except for the challenge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘riding cheshire ring’ is closed to new replies.