Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rides near London
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Before long I may be leaving the North and all the great riding spots we have (7stanes, Lake District etc…) and coming south (need job and that's where they are)

What stuff is there down in the London area, i'm aware of Chicksands and Esher Shore (been to both and liked them) but what other options do I have.

If I make it down I will be looking for cool spots to ride and some good groups to ride with.

Cheers

djglover
    Free Member

Nearby you've got Aston Hill, Surrey Hills (the best riding in the SE probably) Swinley, if your more into the jumps and stuff then you've got plenty of options, but do a bit of digging on the web. I can be at an uplift in S wales in 2 hours (from west london, zone 3)

br
    Free Member

chilterns, from Dunstable down to Goring

SE_Ian
    Free Member

I'm fairly new to it all but I have enjoyed the riding on the Surrey Hills, they are suprisingly steep in places and some good purpose built trails.

I often wonder about rides really close in though, anyone know places to go for a fun hour, perhaps evening and the like when you just can't get out beyond the M25 in the time available?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depending on where you are, a good couple of hours of an evening ride can be strung together around Richmond Park and Wombledon Common. Lots of nice pubs to sit outside afterwards as well!

bungalistic
    Free Member

Surrey Hills looks decent enough (I youtubed it) and Aston Hill is worth a look too I reckon. Anymore nice youtube vids worth look at?

I quite like the short XC trails I have up here now, but i'm just as happy hitting nice wooded singletrack or short DH style runs that can be hit with the ol' hardtail.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Swinley is always worthy of a visit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I quite like the short XC trails I have up here now, but i'm just as happy hitting nice wooded singletrack or short DH style runs that can be hit with the ol' hardtail.

You're going to love some of the stuff in the Surrey Hills, then!

jedi

some amazing riding down south 🙂

herts shore too

qwerty
    Free Member

I may be leaving the North and all the great riding spots we have (7stanes, Lake District etc…)

your **** – it'll never be the same DON'T DO IT, claim benefits or summink

bungalistic
    Free Member

Oh well hopefully i'll find enough to keep me entertained and some new mates to ride with, plus everytime I go back north to see friends I know the trails will feel better than ever

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

claim benefits

That's a popular career choice in the North, I believe. 😉

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Plenty of videos of south east(ish) riding spots here.

Surrey Hills, Aston Hill, Chicksands, Woburn etc.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Cheers for those links looks like some pretty good trails for hardtails down there. I also forgot about this video I saw a bit ago, seems like quite a cool spot overall.

And yes far too many people claim benefits up here and i'd rather not be one of them if I can help it 😛

jedi

if you fancy a ride at herts let me know

bungalistic
    Free Member

jedi – thanks very much, just saw your facebook pics thread looks a pretty cool place you have there. If all goes well I may be down the south by end of february and would very much like to take you up on the offer to ride herts. 😀

jedi

then consider yourself sorted 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rides near London’ is closed to new replies.