Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reverb losing air
  • blitz

Got an out of warranty non stealth reverb which had been faultless for 3 years until about a month ago when it started to sag a bit and was perhaps a bit hesitant to drop when initially weighting it. Then on my last ride, it wouldn’t return at all using the remote. I could pull it up by hand but it won’t stay up. I attached my shock pump and it had basically no air in it so pumped to 250 psi and initially it started working again ok for a few actuations of the remote but then it went again and lost air completely. I’m guessing therefore that an air seal has gone? If so what are my options? Is this fixable as a DIY job? Take to LBS? Just pony up for a new one?

oink1
    Free Member

Personally I’d farm it out to your LBS and let them have the ball ache. Give them a bell and see how much a service runs to and then weigh that up to the price of a new one I guess 🙂

tillydog
    Free Member

A basic service kit (£10 ish) has all the seals for the air side. If the post isn’t ‘spongy’ at all, then it would be worth a go, IMHO. It would probably benefit from being cleaned/greased anyway. (There’s a video somewhere showing what’s involved).

I would check that the schraeder valve isn’t leaking first, because that would be an easy fix (pump the post up and put a bit of spit over the valve).

I was quoted about £80 to completely rebuild a reverb if you don’t fancy DIY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reverb losing air’ is closed to new replies.