Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • reverb 125/150mm ?
  • elusiverider
    Free Member

maybe a silly question…

how do you decide on height of reverb drop? the full build of the bike comes with 150mm – but shop mentioned 125mm as an add on?

what would you do? would it make much difference

bungalistic
    Free Member

Depends on how tall you are, you’re leg length and size of bike. I for one would prefer a 150mm drop as then I could really get my seat down low.

Longer drops also seem to be more popular with taller riders too going by some recent bike reviews.

elusiverider
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply bungalistic.

I’m around 185cm on a large bike (with average leg length).

On my old bike I probably only change the height around 125mm – would it still be fine if I went for the 150mm?

I am popping in to the shop to check if they have ordered it yet.

jam-bo

bungalistic
    Free Member

You’d need to measure how much of your seatpost is showing when it’s fully extended, and check if a fully extended reverb (including the collar height) is not more than that.

Edit: graph above shows you what you need to know

elusiverider
    Free Member

Thanks for the chart jam bo

I will look into this for sure.

The full build spec comes with the 150mm – so I am guessing this is calculated within their suggested frame size info (their bikes used to run smaller).

Can this worked out from the geometry? For instance against an old bike?

elusiverider
    Free Member

ps. don’t have the new bike to check on

bungalistic
    Free Member

What bike is it?

If in doubt a 125mm is a safer option.

elusiverider
    Free Member

smuggler

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d prefer a 150mm too, but also hear of the extra leverage causing lots more bushing wear, which is understandable.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I never knew they did a 150mm version.. perhaps try the bike with a rigid post, and see the difference in height between your preferred optimum highest position, and the lowest position you’d like the saddle when descending – and see if it’s closest to 125mm or 150mm.. I imagine 150mm would need more maintenance due to increased strain?

elusiverider
    Free Member

Thanks again people – Great help

bungalistic
    Free Member

I do like the look of the smuggler. good choice

cultsdave
    Free Member

I am 6 foot 1 and have a Large bike with a 150 reverb. I used to have a gravity dropper 100mm on an older bike and was always dropping the post or making do with it too high or too low. Now with the 150 I never need to move the post as at full extension its fine for cycling along the road and at minimum I would have no need to have it lower.
    Some mates have 125 Reverbs and they occasionally have to drop or raise theirs. If I borrow their bikes I now feel there is not enough range with 125. If you can fit a 150 in your height range get it, you won’t regret it.

timmys

I never knew they did a 150mm version.

It’s only available as a Stealth version. There were rumours of 125mm non-stealth version – possible they were available as OEM or something.

elusiverider
    Free Member

Off in to the shop now to sort – I appreciate all the help/comments.

I don’t have the bike yet so not sure if 150mm will fit (but guessing as it is part of the build kit would be ok).

Further to this, do you all use the Connectamajig? Or is this standard with the stealth versions?

aburnet8
    Free Member

Great choice of bike 😉 I’ve got a Medium Smuggler frame waiting to be built up.

I went for a 150 Reverb, I think you’ll have it quite a way out of the frame if you went for the 125.

elusiverider
    Free Member

big ups to the smugglers!

have had a word in shop – still suggesting the 125mm based on their experience. looking at the images on transition’s site I think I agree 150mm will be better.

they have said will change if necessary but just want to get it right first time if possible.

br
    Free Member

I’ve a 20″ frame and a 150mm Reverb.

Long legs mean that I could do with another 40mm drop.

elusiverider
    Free Member

150mm sorted – thanks for the help people!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘reverb 125/150mm ?’ is closed to new replies.