Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Revelations, Maintenance – what / how…
  • fubar
    Free Member

I’ve had some new Revelations sat in a box for most of a year…now on the bike.

Around the seals there are small shards of metal – I guess leftover from production. Can I remove this without disassembling the whole fork.

The instructions say ‘Clean dirt and debris from under tubs’ after every ride…this suggests that I can clean something but offers no instructions on how to. (I have found separate pdf instructions on stripping /servicing the whole fork but I’m not wanting to do that).

Can the seals be lifted with a thin blade/ screw driver…any special technique…do they just push back into place. ?

Also…is it possible to check the oil level or do you have to empty and refill to guarantee level ?

thanks

Jimbo
    Free Member

“Under tubs”? You’ve instructed to wipe the uppers/stanchions clean after every ride (damp cloth or isopropyl alchcol), but that’s it.

The shards of metal thing is interesting/worrying. Whilst I’ve not opened mine up, from the outside at least there’s nothing like that on mine..

fubar
    Free Member

my User Manual definately say ‘Clean dirt and debris from under tubs’…
    2nd item on ‘Service Intervals’ table….(offer no further help on how to do that though)
    (these are 2008 Revs, although the User Manuals is dated May 2006 – strange but I did see the courier deliver them to the shop last year, direct from the distributor)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Revelations, Maintenance – what / how…’ is closed to new replies.