Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Return back to mtb
  • d1rtmonkey
    Free Member

I have been avid mtber for years, about 20 yrs I think and I have ridden many types of bikes from trail bikes, freeride and dh to Xc Etc. So after about little over a year of not riding a bike I am Looking at bikes again. Im on a budget at the mo so looking at around 700 mark, possible hardtail or fullsus, new or second hand. Currently looking at the Trek Marlin 7 red or orange so wonderig what your thoughts are to restart and get back into mtbing.
    Now im not a jumper or big dropper but I do like to thrash about and ride good trails. My other thought is build a On One 45650b up but possibly cost more in long run but them again if I went for trek I am wanting to upgrade that. Other option is a Commencal Meta HT second hand direct from Commencal it self. Im keen on Trek 29er as its some thing new and neber tried a 29er yet plus never ridden or had a Trek before plus Im interested in supporting a good local bike shop.

So my riding be trails up and down, over rocks roots what ever the tersin but like said not jumper or big drooper any more.

Any other ideas frame or bike wise.
    Cheers in advance

weeksy

Whyte T129.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Standard answer to this is VOODOO BIZANGO isn’t it?

To add more context to this, I’ve owned one for just over a year now. Brilliantly capable and happy round red graded trails with no fussing.
    Some are scared off by the Suntour forks. I’ve nothing to compare them to but others rave about them being as good if not better than similar priced RS forks.

d1rtmonkey
    Free Member

Pocpoc yeah I agree the Voodoos are getting rave reviews. Thanks Pickle I shall take a look at it.

I went to local bike shop to look at the Trek and do like it, with some upgrades I think be fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Return back to mtb’ is closed to new replies.