Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Retrofit cupholders
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

The new bus doesn’t have cupholders – the horror.

Has anyone tried any decent retrofit holders ?

eBay and Amazon options don’t look too clever

Can’t say I’m keen on the ones that stick in vents either. Not too bothered about sticking/screwing to the dash so long as the cup holders not made of cheese.

Any ideas ?

jam-bo

Mate of mine has a block of closed cell foam glued to the dash with two cup sized holes hollowed out. It’s not pretty but it is effective.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Now that’s an idea I can get behind. There’s a perfect area on the top of the door card where the electric window buttons would be if it had them….. Closed cell foam cut to that shape would fit nicely.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Not a stick down the window one, had one of those once and it dumped the cup into my groin once when going round a corner, not nice

slowoldman

Don’t forget you need a curry hook too:

perchypanther
    Free Member

At least you don’t have stupid useless ones like an S-Max where it’s virtually impossible to actually insert or remove a cup into the cup holder with the car stopped and the handbrake engaged, you know, like you would do if you stopped for a cup of coffee or something.

The handle of the handbrake extends to just above the cup holder when fully engaged.

If you’re hooning down the motorway / sitting with the handbrake off then it becomes a much more useful but considerably less safe proposition.

legend
    Free Member

Thats nothing, old Clios had a holder that was underneath the heating controls, and only fitted cans. When I say ‘fitted’ you could put them in there but they would still fall over. Oh, and you couldn’t actually get the can in/out without pouring stuff out of them. Was in keeping with the rest of the ergonomics tbf

spooky_b329

New Renault Master is rubbish for this, two cupholders in the dash, blocked by the centre console above them. Two on the dash, blocked by the windscreen!

Even the later model Iveco has rubbish cupholders, you can just about wedge a coke can into them.

There is a secret cupholder in yours…a CoffeeNation cup can be wedged into the instrument panel behind the steering wheel! Got bought out by Costa and they don’t fit anymore 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Retrofit cupholders’ is closed to new replies.