Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Retro-bike ride at the Surrey Hills Sat
  • woodsman
    Free Member

Beards and leather sandles not obligatory! 😉

I'm leading this http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99586 if anyone fancies bringing their old retro bike out for a spin.

Post over at RB if you're coming.

Cheers

🙂

njee20
    Free Member

That first post is confusing… you say Leith Hill car park, but describe the Glade on Holmbury!?

Hope you enjoy it, should be lovely and dry!

woodsman
    Free Member

It's at Holmbury – the moderator created that first post confusion, and we will be riding Leith Hill as well as Holmbury and Pitch, to add to the confusion further! 😉

Thanks will do.

woodsman
    Free Member

Friday afternoon bump

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd bring my old Kona if I wasn't at Bikefest

Hope you have a good ride, guys! 😀

allyharp

Arse, 1 week later and I'd be down south with my old Kona.

woodsman
    Free Member

PP and AH – there's another I'm doing for them next month, keep an eye on the forum.

Cheers

Pete aka Woodsman

carrotcake
    Free Member

Cheers for leading yesterday Pete. You have a treasure trove of trails stored in that GPS head of yours. Look forward to future N. Downs rides.

glenp
    Free Member

Saw you guys at the Glade, on the hill and back at the Royal Oak. Sorry – should have come over to say hi, but I was busy with my group most of the time. Cracking day for riding – bit humid tho! Was blimin' knackered by the time I'd had my post-work pint(s) and ridden back up through the woods to home. The Klein was much admired by my Klein-riding clients (each to their own), and I wish I'd brought my Explosif out for the day.

woodsman
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it carrotcake 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

thanks also Woodsman, 'twas a good ride, added a few new bits for my Surrey Hills knowledge base 🙂 thanks for the invite, sorry 'bout my shrieky brakes, I'm sure they started to get just a bit annoying towards the end of the day (were certainly pissing me off anyhow!)…

DezB
    Free Member

You have a treasure trove of trails stored in that GPS head of yours.

You ain't wrong! Jealous of those who got on this ride. Don't think the brakes on my retro Principia would've been quite up to it though !

woodsman
    Free Member

I didn't notice your brake squeal after the trail side mods we carried out physcle – thanks for coming along. 🙂

Ah, cheers Dez! See you on a ride soon mate.

singletrackmind

DEZ.- Your brakes would have fitted in a treat with most of the other bikes
    I cheated as my bikes not really retro enough. Fair play to all who ride rigid retro's. I think i will keep my skills compensater for the Surrey Hills. There is a mint P7 in the classifieds tho pete..
    Thanks for leading us round , was mighty hot even in the shade.

Rob

woodsman
    Free Member

Cheers Rob (don't think I can justify any more bikes tho!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Retro-bike ride at the Surrey Hills Sat’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM