Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement Bearings?
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

In the process of having my 223 resprayed and the bearings joining the 2 parts of the frame are shot. Where is the best place to get replacements? The code on them is 6002RS.

Cheers,
    James

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Chain Reaction, BETD, A.N.Other shop etc

tthew

I use a website called Simply Bearings.

FYI, 6002 is the size, RS denotes the seal type, this bit of the code may change with different manufacturers. Avoid any with a C3 designation, these are designed for high temp applications and have different manufacturing tollerances to cope with expansion. Get a good make like SKF or FAG and even these have different ranges made out of better materials etc.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Look in your local yellow pages for Bearing factors in your area , a friend of mine actually supplies the bearings for Orange .

Jammy111
    Free Member

ok maybe i should explain a bit better. is there a difference in quality / a better shop to buy them from than say for example ebay.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

should have bought a marin- free lifetime warranty and labour on all frame bearings (which tbh was a surprise to me when i went to the shop!).

might be worth checking if orange do something similar?

Jammy111
    Free Member

tthew- website looks good! any chance of a link to the one best suited on that website? Too many codes etc for me to understand.

defaultslipper- £8 quid ish for new bearings and about 20mins work isnt that much effort is it?

uplink
    Free Member

ok maybe i should explain a bit better. is there a difference in quality / a better shop to buy them from than say for example ebay.

You wont go far wrong with SKF IMO
    http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p6214/SKF+60022RSH+Sealed+Ball+Brg+15x32x9mm/product_info.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Bearings?’ is closed to new replies.