Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Renthal carbon bars
  • matther01
    Free Member

Anyone got them? Verdict/opinions?

Got some CRC vouchers and bars are the last thing on my build list.

endurokid
    Free Member

If they’re as good as the alloy Fatbar they’ll be spot on, just a little narrow if you ask me.

DanW
    Free Member

Their marketing could do with some work, it doesn’t sound like they put that much development in to the carbon bar and they are probably the same bars from Taiwan as other manufacturers use, just with Renthal’s approval… but that being said I’d probably buy some if the need arose. They do look nice 😀

You need to be careful buying very light, carbon handlebars. – Ian Collins, Renthal, January 2012

From the data acquisition, it’s very clear that you’re never going to break a carbon handlebar in normal use. Your body weight against the handlebar will never snap one, even with the weakest ones on the market, the breakages come from crashes

We never like to follow fashion for the sake of fitting in with what our competitors are doing

It wasn’t really a decision for us, it was a must. We’re obviously a premium-level brand and if you don’t have a carbon product in your lineup, then you’re not fulfilling what the brand can do

ratherbeintobago

just a little narrow if you ask me.

Easton Havocs, then?

wonderchump
    Free Member

Enve DH 800mm of wow

Sancho
    Free Member

We have them in stock in various rises, http://www.crosstrax.co.uk
    and I took a set to try on my expliosif, i like them, not in any kind of they make the trail come alive type bolx, but they are very light and I like the bend on them, though I do have Renthal bars on all my other bikes 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Check out the Superstar sale, they have a promising looking carbon bar at a decent not-too-light weight for 50 or 60 quid.

endurokid
    Free Member

800mm Havocs, nice! Just a shame you need a new stem to use ’em !

ratherbeintobago

800mm Havocs, nice! Just a shame you need a new stem to use ’em !

Yes, but it’s a nice stem. Your light brackets won’t fit either, of course…

Northwind

Few places still have the Crank Bros 780mm iodines on discount just now… sorely tempted

reedspeed
    Free Member

What about hopes ?,ally but wide !.

rewski
    Free Member

Kinesis struts are very good.

wrecker
    Free Member

Enve DH 800mm of wow

HELLSYEAH

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Renthal carbon bars’ is closed to new replies.