Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Remember the 'Bottle throwing van driver' video?
  • AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/van-driver-tries-to-hit-cyclist

Without wishing to go through the whole ‘did he provoke’ it debate again 😉

I was interested to learn that it was reported to police, they took action.

The driver has been done for assault and without due care and received a caution for the 1st and 5 points and an undisclosed fine for the 2nd.

Vid is now back on Youtube (after being removed):

mendip
    Free Member

Result 🙂

Hopefully that ****t will have more respect for cyclists from now on.

Filthy
    Free Member

he got off lightly then… I would have got his address and paid him a visit*

*I have friends to get me this information from registration numbers 🙂

ampthill

Not seen that before.

Scary stuff. The bottles small time. He should be charged attempting ti harm using a vehicle or something

Any way glad the police took action

glad its back on You Tube

Drac

Good!

Filthy Yesterday.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLs @ Drac

Think there was a thread last week

lucien

What a load of to55er comments on YT though – road tax or no road tax the van driver was acting irresponsibly and got at least a bit of what he deserved

johnners
    Free Member

What a load of to55er comments on YT though

Some of us leave traffic standing in the urban setting on our bikes, then again we don’t ride toys we ride bikes that cost thousands[/quote]

Yes, see what you mean.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Filthy – Member
    *I have friends to get me this information from registration numbers

If they’re coppers then that’s a career ender!

Woody
    Free Member

Good to see that the Police/CPS pursued it and there has been some justice.

Contrary to what Filthy said, I think the cyclist is now more likely to get a visit from the van driver than the other way round 😯

Drac

If they’re coppers then that’s a career ender!

DVLA website can provide it but saying you have friends makes him sound harder.

j_me
    Free Member

Was that the same muppet that posted the video of himself cycling into the back of a stationary car whilst gesticulating at a driver for being on their mobile phone ?

Markie
    Free Member

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, that video got my heartrate up and not in a good way… to think I used to love the thrill of riding in traffic! :/

Filthy
    Free Member

lol at Drac

no not coppers, seriously though it’s incidents like this that stop me riding on the road, I’m not a particularly tough guy but I suffer from depression which manifests itself with anger management issues. Last time someone cut me up I assaulted his wing mirror and attempted to drag him out of the car, luckily for both of us the traffic moved and he managed to get away. I dread to think what would have happened if I’d got hold of the poor ****, anyway I’m seeking help for it at the moment, just don’t ride on the road anymore.

Drac

/hides

Onzadog
    Free Member

why didn’t the police also do him for littering if he threw something from the vehicles. Just think that would have been the icing on the cake.

project
    Free Member

Get a cheap Muvi type camera put it on facing backwards and film what happens behind you in town centre driving, you will be quite shocked to see how close some idiots come to you.

coogan
    Free Member

Was that the same muppet that posted the video of himself cycling into the back of a stationary car whilst gesticulating at a driver for being on their mobile phone?

Think so, was about the funniest thing I’ve seen on the web. Guys a cockend.

br
    Free Member

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, that video got my heartrate up and not in a good way… to think I used to love the thrill of riding in traffic! :/

Probably the same for the biker speadeagled across the (not so) fast lane at the bottom of the M11 this morning, hope he’s ok?

benji_allen
    Free Member

Someone might have already said this before, but did the rider go out with a script ready to reel off when this happened, as it’s bound to in a town? And a camera at the ready as well? I’ve got no sympathy for the van driver acting like that, but I’d have just let it go I think, we all make misjudgements. It didn’t look massively dangerous to the rider.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Bike rider was keen for a confrontation. Pointless.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Bike rider was keen for a confrontation. Pointless.

Yep, with you on that, no real problem as far as i’m concerned, slow down, let him go, carry on….As i’ve said before, i’ve been a cycle courier in London for 5 years and have had maybe 2 or 3 drivers really bug me and not a single accident in perhaps 40000 miles) but the silent treatment is the way forward..he wanted an excuse to have a go at someone and he got it….silly. 98% of my time on the road is totally fine (along with the close calls but thats part of the fun)….things like that to me are of no concern whatsoever as they place me in no danger at all really…It’s all about body language. Know it, read it and make a choice. Same goes for vehicles as well as us.

But, as the driver was being a dickasss, fair enough that he got busted. Could easily been avoided though, does’nt improve my view on roadies, they need to relax man.

aracer
    Free Member

Good to see that the Police/CPS pursued it and there has been some justice.

Bad to see that the van driver got off extremely lightly for using his vehicle (and the bottle) as an offensive weapon.

timc
    Free Member

Filthy – Member

Last time someone cut me up I assaulted his wing mirror and attempted to drag him out of the car, luckily for both of us the traffic moved and he managed to get away. I dread to think what would have happened if I’d got hold of the poor ****, anyway I’m seeking help for it at the moment, just don’t ride on the road anymore.

Someone cut you up so you smacked their wing mirror? bit over the top isnt it?

timc
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Bad to see that the van driver got off extremely lightly for using his vehicle (and the bottle) as an offensive weapon

haha How dramatic you want to be…

2 nobs had some road, van driver crossed the line & for once got his justs… all good in the hood 🙂

naokfreek
    Free Member

Word, and on that bottle lobbing justice….goodnight all.

aracer
    Free Member

haha How dramatic you want to be…

Well what do you think he was trying to do by swerving the van and pulling in to the kerb when the cyclist was alongside – or throwing a bottle at him? You do realise that deliberately hitting somebody by throwing something at them is assault?

I still reckon he got off extremely lightly given the behaviour on display.

uplink
    Free Member

Glad that that fella got done in the end

It looks like the cyclist & other like minded ‘enthusiasts’ actually make a hobby out of filming their commutes & sharing them
    I suspect that one day one of those lot may end up on a high building with a rifle taking pot shots – be afraid 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

naokfreek +2000

Quoting the no road tax since 1939 or whenever it was to a white van man is epic fail 😆

Drac

Aye that made me laugh too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

aracer – Member

You do realise that deliberately hitting somebody by throwing something at them is assault?

Actually, throwing an object at someone with the intention of hitting them is assault – whether it hits them or not. Same as swinging a punch and missing.

(I knew my LLB would come in handy eventually.)

One of my favourite ever internet articles is THIS ONE about how to choose the correct handgun to fire from your motorcycle in the event of a car driver looking at you in a funny way.

clubber
    Free Member

**** me! That really is amaxing namaste!

If you decide to fire, FIRE AT THE DRIVER, NOT THE CAR. Obvious in retrospect, make sure you decide to fire at the driver before you engage to avoid time-consuming, and therefore dangerous, mistakes.

😯

clubber
    Free Member

ooh! I just made up a new word “amaxing” – like it – it’s like amazing but maxed out to the gnarl or something. 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

My fave bit is where it states:

“Christopher Lee is a Doctor of Psychology and has been a personal self defense instructor for over twelve years.”

It doesn’t mention how long he’s been a patient in a secure unit.

(And he starred in all those vampire films).

Yeah – “amaxing” is pretty good. I’ll start using it today…..

shoefiti
    Free Member

That is sound advice namastebuzz, i was troubled as to the correct ammunition to use whilst blatting motorists, i’m not sure if the weight of a bike compared to that of a motorcycle would change the type that he recommends thou… hmmmmmmmm. 😕

geoffj

It looks like the cyclist & other like minded ‘enthusiasts’ actually make a hobby out of filming their commutes & sharing them
    I suspect that one day one of those lot may end up on a high building with a rifle taking pot shots – be afraid

It’s almost entrapment, obviously the van driver is not the sharpest tool in the box, but the cyclist went out of his way to wind him up. 🙄

They should have both been given a bollocking and told to kiss and make up. Waste of time and money.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

shoefiti – Member

That is sound advice namastebuzz, i was troubled as to the correct ammunition to use whilst blatting motorists, i’m not sure if the weight of a bike compared to that of a motorcycle would change the type that he recommends thou… hmmmmmmmm.

Indeed. Stick with the ported barrel but a smaller calibre and a lighter load and remember

Especially avoid hollow point bullets, which provide less penetration than standard cast lead bullets

Or you could e-mail the guy for advice – he’d take it seriously I’m sure. (Assuming he has web access in his padded cell.)

clubber
    Free Member

Gutted. Amaxing already exists 🙁

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=amaxing

Amazing to the maximum degree. The absolute highest level of awesome. Originated in the Boston area and is rapidly catching on.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Gutted. Amaxing already exists

I know the feeling. I’ve come up with several brilliant “inventions” over the years only to discover someone else has already done it – sometimes hundreds of years before me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The absolute highest level of awesome

*chuckles*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Remember the 'Bottle throwing van driver' video?’ is closed to new replies.