Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Relentless 24
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Roll call?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Present!
    Skinny bloke on white BMC Teamelite
    Racing pairs this year so hopefully wrists last the distance this time around.

backinireland
    Free Member

Entered solo but training has been wrecked by several bouts of illness
    Think will be socially riding…

fifeandy
    Free Member

How did you get on?
    My pair finished up 8th/23 which we were really pleased with.
    I had a great time and did 13 laps, with only 1 low spot around 4am (energy was low going up, and rain/mist/dark meant i couldn’t see on the way down).

I thought the change to the 2nd part of the loop was a vast improvement to the course, with the climb becoming enjoyable rather than dreaded.

GavinB

I’m just about recovered. Managed to keep plugging away, despite a few minor and not so minor mechanical issues. Best one was my bottom bracket collapsed around 3am, so limped back in on that, then coaxed another half lap out of it before we swapped in a new one. All good we thought until I hit the last jump into the arena a ‘little’ flat on my last lap, and my cranks snapped off! Ah well 🙂 Managed 5th SS, 7th MVET so pretty happy considering.

Liked the course – challenging up and down, although all rideable.

ianfitz
    Free Member

It was my first solo 24 race. Really enjoyed nearly all of it.

No major issues and pleased with 24 laps and 9th over all. Got to stand on the podium as 3rd V40 too.

Definitely not recovered though, that will take a while I think…

fifeandy
    Free Member

It was my first solo 24 race. Really enjoyed nearly all of it.
    No major issues and pleased with 24 laps and 9th over all.

Impressive effort – big thumbs up

ianfitz
    Free Member

Cheers Andy, I am no stranger to putting the miles in, just usually ride bikepacking/ITT type events.

Not used to having folk looking after me in the pits etc, usually have everything I need in a frame bag 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Relentless 24’ is closed to new replies.