• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Refurbished Kona Unit
  • simon1975

Click for pics

It’s a 2004 truetemper frame I’ve been riding for a couple of years which was due for a refurb. Vernon Barker of Dronfield replaced the hose guides (into more sensible positions) and removed the v-bosses for me before respraying. Unfortunately he found a small crack in the downtube when he stripped it, but repaired it with a mitred gusset plate which is very neat. The headbadge is a bit of an indulgence from Jen Green of Philadelphia.

I’m waiting for a new CK headset to arrive in the post, and I’ve just bought some fairly new Hope brakes from a friend which I haven’t fitted yet… And I usually run a Pace RC31 up front instead of the Reba, but it’s set up for a couple of big Peaks rides at the moment. Also I quite often ride fixed with a different wheel and no rear brake (hence the need for an easily removable brake hose rather than when I had the old closed guides).

The colour has come out a lot lighter than I intended and actually looks like the 2005 model now… But it’s a lovely finish nonetheless.

Isn’t she lovely?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Refurbished Kona Unit’ is closed to new replies.