Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommendations for places to stay in Lisbon and Madrid please
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

As the title really 🙂 No budget or specific requirements in mind at the moment (although we will have bikes with us).

Also any recommendations for places to eat/cafes/things to do/see would also be good.

mustard
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

I have a tent you could borrow 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

At least one meal in the terrace restaurant at the top of the castle/hill over looking Lisbon

Lots of other places in the streets nearer the port.

Stoner
    Free Member

stayed here this spring.
    http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/149480_eurostras-das-letras-lisboa.aspx

lovely place, good value too, esp from last minute.

Lisbon is one of my favourite cities. So much to see. Beautiful city to walk and explore. Great food and drink too.

hels
    Free Member

Madrid is ace. I’ll ask the girls where we found the Spanish Metallers bar, was brilliant (if you like that kind of thing of course)

We stayed in a hotel on one of the main squares plaza del sol I think it was, VERY noisy from about 0100 !!

The Prado is a must see, and the Reina de Sofia for Guernica.

The markets are good, and have a good steak meal in one of the Argentinian restaurants.

Last piece of advice – watch your wallets and bags in bars, esp if some locals start talking to you. Sorry to have to say this…

Saccades
    Free Member

Hotel Britannia – Excellent Art Deco establishment, just off the central road – big rooms too.

There was an ace brazillian place on Avendia dom carlos premiera that’s well worth a vist.

The actual restrantadores part is all a bit mleh, except for the massive place on the right when furthest away from the sea – it’s expensive but top quality and large portions.

Up in the barrio alto you get more bars, but there are a coupla excellent little places that don’t get busy until later so well worth going in early doors.

The terraced place up towards St Georges castle (impossible to miss, on the main road up) always used to be great and also sell heffe too.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I have a tent you could borrow

Mustard is going to email you about this – but we aren’t camping when we arrive in Lisbon/depart Madrid.

mustard
    Free Member

Mustard is going to email you about this

I’m still holding out hope…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for places to stay in Lisbon and Madrid please’ is closed to new replies.