Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • \recommend some denims that don't fall apart after 6 months…?
  • 13thfloormonk

I’ve now added a fifth pair of £30 Next jeans to the pile needing the crotches patched again, its beginning to get embarrasing! 😳

However, given that something very similar happened to some Levis at twice the price, I’m at a loss as to what to buy? Somebody said Gap were a bit harder wearing?

I don’t pretend to know anything about jeans, someone help please!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Stop rubbing your crotch on things?

Mackem

Marks and Spencers jeans are great, called Blue Harbour or something, they are stain resistant and seem a bit more flexible than most jeans. About 35 quid. I generally hate jeans btw but these are nice.

meehaja
    Free Member

I never used to have this problem, but now all my jeans go at the crotch!

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

13thfloormonk on holiday earlier this year:

Seriously though, Evisu and Armani are the two brands I buy and they last for years!

13thfloormonk

Haha! 😀 I walk everywhere and have a long stride I think…

Hmm, don’t normally care about fashion but must admit M&S do have a certain ‘stigma’ 😳 I guess though theyre more likely to make something sturdy at least, might check them out.

maccruiskeen

As much as people turn their nose up at the notion I’ve always had much, much better value out of branded jeans from somewhere like TK Maxx than own-brand jeans from pretty much anywhere.

I’ve some Element Jeans that have lasted very well, and stayed fresh looking for a long time. Prior to that I had some DKNY ones that ended up as my work trews for joinery and fabrication work and they really work tough old buggers.

If you really are hard wearing on your trews there are few people selling jeans in a denim-like harder wearing synthetic something or other. I forget who does then but Swrve.co.uk might be one of them. Their jeans a cycle-friendly and have a different crotch design so that the seams aren’t a wear point

or shave your abrasive stubbly balls

EDIT
    I’d second Evisu as well actually, if they are stillas good as they were 10 years ago, I’ve got some of their super authentic can’t-believe-they’re-not-original-501s from back then and still in really good nick. Mind you if I’d paid rrp they’d have cost me £200

chewkw
    Free Member

Nowadays most jeans do not last more than a year if you wear them often … Those from Next are the worst (bought several in the past) so I have stopped buying from Next for several years now. Most of their items are meant for fast moving fashion concious teens only.

If you want to save money you might want to look elsewhere like TK Maxx or something or buy some cheap supermarket brand jeans. I bought several pairs of Duck & Cover and F C U K from them for less than £30 per pair. They are still holding up so all good. I only buy jeans with external pocket only. i.e. pocket that they stitch on rather a pouch type. External pocket uses the same material as the jeans too.

maccruiskeen

Most of their items are meant for fast moving fashion concious teens only.

Same with H&M – cheap but designed to self destruct as soon as they are last week’s news. I’ve had a few things from there that I’ve really liked but they feel old really quickly and things like pocket linings wear through really quickly.

butcher

Usually get my jeans from Matalan and they last for years. Some I’ve been wearing for over ten years, easily. Only rips they have are from barbed wire fences.

I tried some Sainsbury’s ones a few month back and ripped them in two weeks….though tat was partly down to the fit…

13thfloormonk

D’oh! I liked Next because I know where everything is in the store so can get in and get out as quickly as possible.

I’ve read good things about Diesel although would never normally have bought a trendy name like that, might give them a look too.

Cheers!

soops
    Free Member

Don’t buy the £30 next jeans. Buy the £20 ones! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Uniqlo Selvedge when they come back in stiock…

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/067923-68-036-030

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve worn gap jeans for probably a decade now. No problems with wearing out and trendy without being too trendy. FYI I have unfeasibly large testicles.

MrSmith
    Free Member

edwin especially the 15oz ones.
    howies reopened welsh jean factory make some nice selvedge jeans but they are pricey, would rather have a pair of Roy’s from NZ for that money or some sugarcane’s.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’ve worn gap jeans for probably a decade now. No problems with wearing out and trendy without being too trendy.

GAP trendy? in the provinces about 10 years ago maybe?

crankinirish
    Free Member

Carhartts or Levis seem to last well.

mrmo
    Free Member

just go to TK max and buy whatever is cheap and fits.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Carharrt or dickies from their workwear range not their fashion range. Carharrt do look much smarter than dickies but the dickies pair just wont die or get tatty to warrent replacement

Animal lasted well too they wore through via the denim after a large number or years getting so thin rather than tearing

. The carhartts were to replace fenchurches that were terrible and seemed to get shorter in length and baggier in waist in a short space of time So wont go there again .

If only carhartt dickies or animal made dress trousers as my thighs keep busting the seams

aP
    Free Member

uniqlo jeans last well, and aren’t too badly priced either.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If your anywhere near Stafford there is a lovely fella with a stall In the Market that used to own Blood & Glitter, DOG. He’s selling off stock at £15 a pair, some were £220 in selfridges. I got some nice Carrot Fit ones which are ideal if you habe cyclists thighs but wanted a skinny-ish pair of jeans. Good quality that will last you. He currently has some Ringspun stuff in (his mate owns Ringspun) for same £. If your over 30 don’t check it out.

maccruiskeen

D’oh! I liked Next because I know where everything is in the store

Thats cause you’re in there so often because their stuff falls apart 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Shameless pimping of my Diesel jeans for sale – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-ot-diesel-narrot-tapered-jeans-36w

RustySpanner

I only wear jeans with a decent label.

‘George’ is a favourite, although they have gone up about 30% since I last bought a pair in 2007.

They do seem to last well, but the last time I checked they seemed to be selling some dodgy secondhand stock – much of it was already faded and some pairs even had holes in.
    Be careful.

nbt

I’m another tk maxx user. Got a really nice pair of Pierre Cardin jeans there were so comfy I went back and bought another pair in black. £30 each. Fab.

grum
    Free Member

I’m also currently on Pierre Cardin jeans from TK Maxx. I imagine the probably isn’t cool but the fit and material is nice IMO.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I only wear jeans with a decent label.

‘George’ is a favourite,

oxymoron.

Moda
    Free Member

All the diesel ones i have owned last for years so they definately are worth it in the long run. One pair must be over 6 years old and still going string…

13thfloormonk

Hmmm.. its a complicated world out there! Maccruiskeen, I had thought that re: Next as I was typing, lesson learnt!

I had a quick rummage in TK Maxx, lots of random £90 reduced to £30 type jeans but all brands I’d never heard of (Penguin??) except Lee, thought I’d take a punt on the Lee ones but couldn’t find any that were even vaguely the right fit (i.e. ‘regular fit’ that fitted like skinny, baggy fit that looked like MC Hammer, etc etc.).

Will visit Gap, M&S and maybe Jenners to look at some Diesels, unless I can find somewhere in the city centre selling Dickies or Carrhart.

Schrickv6, cheers but I’m a 34 (well, technically a 33 if I can find it…)

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Buy ones with the double layered and double stitched seam on the inside rather than the outside leg.

fontmoss
    Free Member

if you’re feeling flush how about some rapha? can even turn up the legs when cycling*

*this is known to be impossible with other jeans

13thfloormonk

Nah, I’m already a road cycling pariah for wearing team kit and enjoying sportives, don’t want to incense the hardcore any further by buying Rapha as well! 😀

vinnyeh
    sparkyrhino

+1 for carahtt,
    Or just embrace cords (vup vupp) helen kellers fave colour

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Seconding Evisu, they last forever

GJP
    Free Member

I have always been a fan of Diesel jeans, They seem to last so well that I got the shock of my life the next time I went to buy another pair a few years ago and the cheapest one were just shy of £100 FFS. My G-star seem to be doing well but again not cheap.

Never tried M&S, but the ones I had from John Lewis have done me well, and they are a bit more understated in so much as you would not really know where they came from.

I sort of feel that when the time comes for a man buys his jeans from M&S, then it is all but over and it is time to book a flight to Switzerland and visit Dignitas.

tops5
    Free Member

oxymoron.

Are you american?

showerman
    Free Member

m&s north coast for me blue harbour is good too

Northwind

I don’t know how good quality current Quicksilver jeans are, but I had 2 pairs of Barneys that I wore pretty much every day for, oh, 8 years or so before they showed significant wear. (and even that was weird stuff, like the tops of creases rubbing white).

13thfloormonk

Hmm, I went through some Quicksilvers pretty fast when I was at Uni, although I was riding in them a lot so i guess that would cause the crotches extra grief aswell.

Hadn’t (dared) research Diesel prices. They might be worth it in the long run but I’m not spending £100 on some jeans with a holiday to pay for soon…

Liking the ‘work’ jeans idea…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘\recommend some denims that don't fall apart after 6 months…?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM