Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some new wheels? ( possible Brompton content )
  • grynch
    Free Member

ok, once again I am turning to the STW collective for advice… I’m looking for new transport for my two mile commute to work. It’s pretty much all uphill in the morning, so conversely downhill in the evening ( duh ?!? )
    Whatever it is needs to be small and light to fit both in my office and the back of the car in the morning / evening ( I currently park in a secure parking by the office where my wife works
    The current contenders are

Which I see as cheap, small, light, but I’ll look like a total geek ( I mean more so )
    And ( and yes I know it's not a Brompton )

Not so cheap, or light (?) but at least it’s a bike and maybe not quite so geeky?

pjt201
    Free Member

a brompton would be better (but more money) than that dahon. I've ridden both (and quite a few others too) and the brompton is by far and away the best folder going – that's not saying a lot though!

psychle
    Free Member

I really like my Brompton for getting around town, quick and nimble through traffic, dold it up and take it into shops etc (and it only takes a few seconds to collapse down).

BTW, does it have to be a new bike? I'll be selling an M3 Brompton shortly, nice and cheap too, it's an older model but in OK condition… email in profile if you're interested. 🙂

grynch
    Free Member

sounds interesting psychle, but here's the dig… I'm in Geneva.. do you deliver? *L*

joemarshall
    Free Member

Roller skates / roller blades would be perfect for that kind of distance as long as there aren't any cobbles. Pretty cheap, and much less pain to carry around than a folding bike. Or skateboards if you are more into looks, although they don't seem so good at going up hills.

Joe

woffle
    Free Member

go for a Strida – cheaper than a Brompton by some margin.I had one when I was doing 2 to 3 miles of flat city cycling a day and it was fantastic – I'd recommend them really highly. Belt drive too so there were no gunky chains to get your clothes mucky…

Clicky here for their website. Good customer service too

EDIT: Disk brakes! That's a new addition…

thomthumb
    Free Member

fun on the way home 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new wheels? ( possible Brompton content )’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM