Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me some boots
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me some waterproof, grippy, comfortable boots for the winter? I have proper hillwalking boots, and they are fine for walking, but rubbish to drive in. I got a set of caterpillar boots, but they they let in like the Aberdeen defence

Cheers

meehaja
    Free Member

Army boots from any army surplus store? I got mine for £10, warm, comfy and dry!

willard

Issue boots… Meh. Mine leak like sieves, but I have worn them to death and just about killed them.

Just bought a pair of Merrell Outbounds that are goretex lined and quite grippy. Arrived this morning and wearing them now in fact!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

willard – looking at the spec of the merrells they look a bit chunky for driving – have you tried them in a car?
    issue boots might be worth checking out – cheers

sweepy
    Free Member

Have a look at muck boots, dry, warm as toast, good for driving IMO, and easy to put on and off. Dont get the arctic ones tho, theyre too warm, and dont buy online till you try them on, they are very generously sized.muckboots

oddjob
    Free Member

Just got some Timberland Earthkeepers and they are really good. I have been a Timberland fan for years, they last for a very long time and geep your feet warm and dry. What more could one ask?

Oh, I suppose they could be cheaper.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I got some hi-tec boots from Go-Outdoors.
    Leather, waterproof really comfy.
    £40.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I got some hi-tec boots from Go-Outdoors.
    Leather, waterproof really comfy.
    £40.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

i remember hi-tec boots getting good reviews in walking mags a while ago in a cheap, good, don’t expect to be doing serious munro’ing in them kind of way. On sale in local Tiso, so can try on.
    Mind you Timberland – some look pretty good and nice touchy-feely environmentalism leading to excessive smugness justifying urban 4*4

Cheers guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some boots’ is closed to new replies.