Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me snowboard goggles
  • grum
    Free Member

Lost my old cheapo goggles on holiday but I am jammy and am going again in March so need some more. 😀

What are nice goggles without costing the earth? Been looking at Dragon DX. Main priority is decent anti-fogging.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’ve used Dragon DX since way back in 1997 and always have two pairs on the go at any given time (one x amber, one x polarised). One of my current pairs have been going strong since 2001! I love them, comfortable, stylish, not too expensive (I managed to pick up the Dragon x Jack Daniel’s onlien for £45).

Some people think they’re a bit on the small side, but I’ve never found that and unless you’re a baker’s friend I’m sure you’ll be fine. Doubtless there are other goggles that offer better anti-fogging, but it’s never been an issue for me.

hammerite
    Free Member

Grum – I use Bolle Block goggles with vermillion modulator lens (changes with light conditions), I tried the standard vermillion lens and it was rubbish when things got murky.

Comfortable, don’t fog and reasonably priced.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I am a bit I a ‘baker’s friend’ so maybe the DX aren’t the ones. 😳

I’ll check out the Bolles

tonyd

Scott always used to be pretty good (if unfashionable) back in the day. Nice wide field of vision and decent vents/anti-fogging. No idea what constitutes a good goggle today though!

higgo
    Free Member

My normal ones are Spy with normal lens – a brown tint with an orange mirror on the front. My low-light ones are Scott with one of their pink ‘amplifier’ lens in.

Both are around 4 years old and I’m not thinking of changing either of them. Neither have had fogging problems.

jairaj

have a look on ebay for oakley ones. can get them much cheaper than rrp

DezB
    Free Member

My wife got some Giro ones – excellent lenses. I want to steal them, but my old DSO goggs are still going strong.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got some bolle gravity goggles, with the modulator vermillion lens.

Havent tried them out yet, going next week, so cant comment on how well the lens changes tint with the amount of sunlight. but they fit nicely over a helmet, and seem well built.

The reviews on the lens are pretty decent. So I’m hoping that this is the one goggle to rule all conditions.

FG
    Free Member

I’ve got Oakley’s and use them for both skiing and DH with different lenses. Not that expensive either.

Hoff

Anon for me, changeable lenses & nice fit with my Salomon helmet…

jairaj

Just make sure for skiing you get vented lenses otherwise they will fog up.

jamiep
    Free Member

Anon Helix are great for the money and should come with two lenses

russ295
    Free Member

I have a pair of Scott with photochromic lense. Change to suit the conditions.
    Fogging is largely caused by taking the googles on and off or lifting them up onto a wet beanie.
    Put them on and leave them on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me snowboard goggles’ is closed to new replies.