Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a small spray gun (STW knows everything thread)
  • Northwind

I already have a pretty nice devilbiss suction gun but I’m looking for something for smaller work- repairs, little pieces, hobby stuff more than auto. So, I was thinkining a little gravity hvlp is the way to go, it’ll make more efficient use of materials and be less hassle to clean and that. But I don’t want to spend a huge amount… Anyone got a recommendation for something reliable, with a reasonable spray pattern and no random unstandards? Um, ideally around the £30 mark. Something under 8cfm. And, I’m not too clued up on nozzle sizes for gravity but it seems like 1.4 is going to be pretty flexible?

There’s a million generics and I’m sure some are good but it’s hard to tell…

footflaps

I have one which came with my compressor, which you can have for postage….

Never used it, so no idea how good it is.

Northwind

Cheers for the offer, I think I’ll chase down a new one as usually the kit with compressors is pretty ropey (I used the suction gun that came with mine for about 10 seconds then threw it in the bin :lol:)

Thanks though!

marcus7
    Free Member

Ive got a small graco gravity feed HVLP which works really well i think the nozzle is 1.4 and it works well with two pack epoxy paint etc or you could go with an airbrush, i use an iwata for smaller stuff. neither are massively expensive.

tillydog
    Free Member

One like this:

(but doesn’t seem to be available from Amazon any more).

Really nice to use, and easy to adjust.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a small spray gun (STW knows everything thread)’ is closed to new replies.