Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me a Saddle Please
  • hitman
    Free Member

something thats quite light but not selle italia light
    currently have wtb rocket but its falling apart
    its for a nomad btw

Robespierre
    Free Member

Charge spoon, the Ti railed, leather topped one…about 40-45 quid. Some get on with them some don't. I love mine.

hitman
    Free Member

cheers, will have a look

mdb
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi. Best saddle I've ever had.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi

jim
    Free Member

Fake leather, cromo railed Charge Spoon. Cheap, not heavy, comfortable, robust 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you like the WTB shape then the absolute all time classic WTB SST Team is in my opinion the best saddle ever made

they've re-released it this year and the Ti version is £70 i think

a bit better than the original in '98 that was £110

glenp
    Free Member

+1 normal Spoon. Simple, cheap, reliable, good looking – all the things a bike/component should be.

For a road bike, proper classic Flite.

akira

+1 for Spoon again, got Ti and normal one and very happy with them, cheap and good for putting your arse on.

vrapan
    Free Member

I liked the SDG Bel Air on my GT but I love my Charge Spoon – I own the cheap non Ti/leather version.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you're a WTB man (like me), then the Devo or Silverado might be worth a look – I have both and tend to forget they're there.

Bit lighter than the Rocket too probably.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah the Ti Spoon is only like 10g lighter isn't it and nearly twice the price, not worth it IMO

hitman
    Free Member

The spoon looks nice but not sure about a leather saddle!

vrapan
    Free Member

The cheap (CroMo) version is not leather.

steve_b77
    Free Member

+ another for the Spoon, just want a white one for my roadie – or a knife

Northwind

Charge Spoon… The ti rails are nice but not really neccesary, the cromo one is still good. And get the synthetic rather than the leather, it's better.

(the point of the ti rails isn't the weight, it's supposed to make the saddle more comfy. I think it does but it's marginal)

They also do the Knife, which is sort of a slimline Spoon ti- very good at the price but some might find it uncomfortable. I don't, I love mine but then it just fits my rear perfectly.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hitman – its too personal – ime. Some folk here recommend Charge Spoon. If I ever meet them I'm going to kill them. Slowly and painfully. Just cause their recommendation did it to me! And it was heavy – around 50% more than the pack said.

Any way – your ass is different. Mine hates hammock shape saddles. Some hate wide. Some hate narrow. Some hate cutouts. Some need cutouts. Yours needs something ???.

I'd say start with what you have and see if it's hammocky, wide, cutouts… Then buy the opposite – or at least different. Otherwise go to a Specialized dealer and they can help a lot – ime.

BTW- here's my saddles-
    Charge Spoon
    WTB Rocket
    Selle Flite
    SDG Belle Air
    Selle SLR XC Gel (favourite)
    Spec Phenom Gel (2nd fav)
    Gobi
    ….

Oh – Apart from Selle (with their chicken money back g'tee) I buy them all 'used once' on ebay. Saves a fortune.

hitman
    Free Member

cheers, I know its personal – just wanted to get some ideas 🙂
    thanks everyone

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I tried a Spoon and found it a bit flat and plank-like to sit on. I prefer SDG Bel Airs, so I sold the Spoon and got another. £20 from Merlin, can't go wrong. 🙂

(P.S. Ti rails are a waste of money on Bel Airs. I weighed one at 7g lighter than a cro-mo one…..)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Saddle Please’ is closed to new replies.