Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a pump
  • Farticus

Running 2.4" tyres, so a puncture means a long time getting any reasonable pressure, and approaching 50 my right arm isn't as well practiced as it once was so fatigue soon sets in. My mini pump – a vintage Blackburn affair – needs replacing.

A quick search suggests either Lezyne alloy drive mini pump or Lezyne micro floor drive HV mini pump. Either needs to fit in a decently large backpack.

Any preference between these, or any other suggestions?

nickjb
    Free Member

Mountain Morph (or something else from the range), pretty good at getting a lot of air in quickly and easily.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

The Lezyne stuff looks nice but maybe a bit of overkill? I really rate my Blackburn stuff.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Got the Lezyne one with gauge for Christmas, not used it often but inflates from empty to a decent pressure quickly and easily. Like it.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I borrowed Ed Oxley's Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV when I was on the weekender he did with Pagey and I ordered my own within the week. It inflated my 2.4 Advantages with ease and they're huge. I've even used it to inflate tubeless tyres from scratch. Great bits of kit, beautifully built and still pretty light.

EuroClive
    Free Member

Having guided for several years and been riding for 22 years I found the Topeak Mountain morph is by far the best around.
    Clive – http://mtbskills.eu

montylikesbeer

Mountain Morph vvv good

mk1fan
    Free Member

Used both the Mountain Morph and the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive and they are both excellent.

Can I also suggest getting a CO2 cartridge too. The CO2 gives you an easy start. Finish off with a hand pump.

Northwind

Micro Drive is very good. Prefer my Truflo Evolution though, it's just a little faster, not as good at high pressures though but for mtb use, who cares? I don't like the screw-on chucks Lezyne use either.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

£2.99 Zefal plastic anti-fashion accessory. You know, like you get from a bulk bin in Halfords…

No, wait, hear me out!

They're extremely light, do high volume tyres quickly, and they're almost indestructable.. And if you do manage to break it, so what? It's £2.99!
    Now if only people would stop laughing at it..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a pump’ is closed to new replies.