• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me a Pump for 100PSI
  • allankelly

Hi, my road bike punctured twice yesterday – broken glass in the city, and a pinch flat on rubbish country roads. Typical! 🙄
    Anyway, my little pump’s not doing the job. Can you recommend a little-ish pump that gets to 100PSI without requiring superhuman strength? I use panniers so not tiny. Ideally with a pressure gauge… The CB one looks the part but I’ve heard it’s not so good.

ta, al.

druidh
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy

Either a Topeak Road Morph or Lezyne floor drive but neither are particularly small, both can inflate to 100psi pretty easily though.

allankelly

Fuzzy: Hmm, Lezyne stuff is pretty isn’t it ?=) The micro floor drive has a gauge too, on the hose by the looks of it. 192g so only 20m more than my current Topeak. £35 from wiggle but none in stock.

Topeak Turdo Morph with Gauge is a similar idea – little pump with T-bar handle and a foot peg. Also has a gauge. £30 from wiggle and in stock.

I like the look of the Lezyne, but the Topeak’s cheaper and in stock…
    hmm.
    Cheers, al.

druidh
    Free Member

allankelly – Member

Topeak Turdo Morph with Gauge is a similar idea – little pump with T-bar handle and a foot peg.

Looks shit 😀

allankelly

Druid: Yeah, it’s not pretty. On CO2: I find that the valve freezes before I get to a decent pressure & I have no idea what pressure I’m at. So, “nah”.

Actually the slightly bigger CB pump looks good. Wiggle £32 and in stock. Cuclink Plus review says it’ll do 120PSI (with effort). I think the pumps above would be pannier-only, not for a MTB backpack. This one would come with me everywhere. Current favourite.

Cheers, al.

druidh
    Free Member

Al

Look again at the bit I quoted 🙄 😆

james
    Free Member

“I think the pumps above would be pannier-only, not for a MTB backpack”

I get the topeak mountain morph into a camelbak quite easily

allankelly

Druid: Ah, I just got the “Turdo” joke. heh. 😆
    al.

Joxster
    Free Member

The best pump for a road bike (and poss a commuter bike) is the Zefal HP, I can get 160psi in to tyres without a mammoth effort.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Don’t do the CB ones! I’ve had about eight as I kept having to return them because they don’t work if they get muddy, gritty, cold, hot, damp or used in any conditions other than indoors at 18′ and 50% humidity.

On the other hand my Road Morph just works. I use it for MTB and road and 120psi is easy. On my cross bike it gets attached to the frame and covered in mud and grime and it still works whatever. Oh, and it goes in my MTB pack with no problems.

glenp
    Free Member

Frame fit is old-school but much easier – Blackburn are excellent and will do 100psi no bother. Not sure I’d fuss about a pressure gauge – as hard as they’ll go will do.

mavisto
    Free Member

Lezyne Road Drive gets my vote if you are after really high pressures.

There is also the Pressure Drive (the one I’ve got on my 29er). Has a max pressure of 120psi but reaches 100 with ease.

stevemcnalls
    Free Member

Bad luck Al, did the CO2 I gave you help? How’d you get a pinch flat, you left my house at full pressure.

allankelly

Yeah Steve, but the road at Markle is REALLY bad. I went slow… bang.

I phoned the LBS (The Bike Chain, Edinburgh) and I’ll be popping in next week. They have all these pumps so I can throw them against the wall and see what survives 😉

al.

Northwind

I like the Truflo Evolution Plus- similiar to the floor/hand pumps up the page, though slightly larger bore than most- but it’s hard work up past 90psi. I’m feeble mind, I’ve never found a pump that’s not a beast to get the road tyres right up, so I tend to just fill to about 80psi and sort it when I get home with the big pump. It’s a really nice size, fits easily in a pack, but big enough to push air.

I’ll not buy another crank brothers pump, I’ve used a couple and owned one of the tiny ones and they’ve all been mince.

mrmo
    Free Member

Zefal HPX for one bike carriable pump, or just use CO2 and get a decent track pump for home use.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Pump for 100PSI’ is closed to new replies.