Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • recommend me a Netflix film
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Any recommendations for Netflix films. Prefer a comedy or maybe a festive Christmas one maybe, but I’m open to suggestions

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Watched ‘Hot Rod’ last week. Worth a few guffaws, I filed it under guilty pleasures ie so bad/moronic it’s fun:-)

Also

O Brother Where Art Thou? (Have lost count how many times, just epic)
    Zombieland
    Robot and Frank

Lifer
    Free Member

Guilty pleasure? Hot Rod is brilliant!

Some great stand up, Nick Offerman’s American Ham, Doug Stanhope’s Bearhall Putsch and Louis CK for 3.

breadcrumb

I’ll second Zombieland, I didn’t expect it to be so enjoyable.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I watched A Belfast Story yesterday, I would rate it at 6.5/10

loddrik
    Free Member

Dallas Buyers Club

northernmatt

Hot Rod is a great film. Cool beans.

I’ve been going through all the Marvel stuff on there recently. You could always just watch a load of episodes of Archer back to back. Bojack Horseman is pretty funny as well once you get past the pilot.

Northwind

Yep, Zombieland is class, not really what I was expecting.

Last time I was bored and looking for a fillum, I ended up watching Hansel and Gretel. It is obviously terrible, though occasionally quite funny, and it includes Jeremy Renner being all manly, and Genna Arterton’s bum to balance out any impending gayness.I don’t mean to go on about the bum, but it’s really a very good one.

nickdavies

Currently watching where the trail ends. STW option!

fourbanger
    Free Member

Safety Not Guarenteed.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Headhunters – really enjoyable scandi thriller

bigyim
    Free Member

Watched hod rod. The wife has given up and gone to bed. I’m persevering but I think I’ve only laughed at one bit.
    Safety not guaranteed is a great film and I’m a big zombie land fan mainly cause I’m a big woody harrelson fan

ianfitz
    Free Member

The royal tenenbaums is well worth a watch. As is the life aquatic with Steve zizue

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

+1 for Headhunters, very very good, one of the best thrillers ive seen this year.

bobbym
    Free Member

The Dictator.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Oh and if standup’s your thing Bill Burr’s new special, “I’m sorry you feel that way” is amazing

neilnevill
    Free Member

loddrik wins, Dallas buyers club is superb

grum
    Free Member

Route Irish is next on my list.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Another for Dallas Buyers Club. Superb film.

p7rich
    Free Member

Bit underwhelmed with choice on Netflix.

But Fish Tank is on there and it’s one of my all time favourites.

Shifty is there too. Not in the same league but still enjoyable

johndoh
    Free Member

Santa Paws

Well I liked it.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Stepbrothers still makes me laugh despite seeing it multiple times.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Office Space!

Shortlist magazine website often have ‘top tens’ of netflix content. top ten comedies, top ten films you’ve probably never heard of, top ten documentaries, top ten new titles, top ten scariest films… you get the idea

Tinners

Apologies if this doesn’t quite fit the bill, but I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary on Marco Pantani which is currently available. Worth looking at sometime, when you’ve watched any of the film suggestions.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Tucker & Dale vs Evil.

Brilliant.

shermer75
    Free Member

I watched ‘The Insider’ last night, amazing film!

shermer75
    Free Member

Shortlist magazine website often have ‘top tens’ of netflix content. top ten comedies, top ten films you’ve probably never heard of, top ten documentaries, top ten new titles, top ten scariest films…

You mean like this?

shermer75
    Free Member

Although they’ve somehow managed to miss out ‘The Other Guys’..

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

If it’s just switch your brain off films there’s always reign of fire, utter tosh but enjoyable all the same. Hansel and gretel was a bit meh, but Gemma Artertons bum does make up for the crap acting and rubbish storyline.

The art of flight and where the trail ends are both excellent though and out of the furnace is also on now I noticed the other day which is meant to be good but since I’ve not watched it yet I can’t confirm that.

Generally though Netflix is fast becoming B movie/straight to DVD rubbish as there seems to be little good stuff coming on to it these days.

p7rich
    Free Member

Raising Arizona holds up well, and meets OPs comedy requirement.

Shortlist lists was a good tip-off. Thanks.

porlus
    Free Member

Got a good one, its a Danish comedy called Klown (Klovn). Really really funny. Pretty adult humour though, so not one to watch with the kids. Final scene is a cracker.

_tom_
    Free Member

Dallas Buyers Club is indeed awesome.

For funny and festive you can’t beat the Trailer Park Boys Christmas special.

scaled
    Free Member

My daughter and I watched ‘The Cat from Outer Space’ the other day it was bloody hilarious

egb81
    Free Member

Dallas Buyers Club could hardly be considered funny or christmassy.

I’d recommend Frank and Robot.

Milkie
    Free Member

OMG OMG “The Cat from Outer Space”, Scaled that is the best film in the world ever!! 😀

Soo watching it over Christmas!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a Netflix film’ is closed to new replies.