Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a good gaming PC
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m looking for a PC that will run the latest games like Battlefield 3. It doesn’t need to be top spec but will need to run new games comfortably on medium graphics settings.

Ideally the PC will be energy efficient and quiet and I’m looking for one I can get on HP. I looked at the Dell Alienware PC but people say it’s not good value.

Thanks.

I forgot to say that my budget is around £800 although I’m not sure if this is realistic.

Drac

Scan Today only deals nearly always have one, the one currently on is good just needs a video card and sound card. It’s more than powerful enough for BF3 and probably good for many due out too.

http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly

Deals normally change around 2pm

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks Drac. Would you recommend getting a ready built machine or getting all the bits and either have a go at it myself or get a shop to do it?

Drac

Building your own isn’t complicated even more so these days, if your reasonably confident with in concocting electrical connections then you’ll be fine.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have a clue what I was doing to be honest! Maybe I could get someone at work to do it for me. Something like this should do the job I reckon:

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1346

anjs
    Free Member

What res are you planning on playing at?

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I don’t know. I’m not obsessed with graphics and res. As long as the game runs smoothly at medium settings I’ll be happy. I’ve never run BF2 at full settings which hasn’t bothered me but the lag and other issues certainly have. I’m not really sure about spec because so much has changed in the last 5 years since I bought the machine I’m on at the moment. The i5 sounds like a good processor and maybe the GTX 555 or above for graphics?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good gaming PC’ is closed to new replies.