Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a family holiday abroad early June….
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Looking to book a family holiday abroad, somewhere warmish like Greece (or Greek islands), Italy, Spain, Cyprus etc.

All the high street tour operators offer one bed apartments to suit 2 adults and 2 children but ideally we’d like two bedrooms within an appartment.

Is there a foreign equivalent to Welcome Cottages for self catering holidays even if the flights and car hire have to be booked separately?

Or recommend an apartment?

Not looking to spend mega-bucks, probably totalling about £1500 max including flights?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ah, yes and the kids are 2 and 4…

imnotamused
    Free Member

You could take a look at Costa adeje in tenerife. Nice upmarket spot although not crammed with bars and restaurants but is a 20 min prom walk to fanabe, loads of apartments. Great sandy beach.

Alternatively if you are looking for a bit more lively try the silver sands beach hotel in protarus, Cyprus. Its not an apartment but its on the beach in the centre of the resort, the sandy beach is again great and the bars/restaurants have mini playgrounds in them which is handy. Can’t recommend that hotel enough, good price, great location.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

How easy is it to find hotel rooms with living quarters and sleeping area separate? We had one on a trip to New York but I think it was quite a pricey room (we didn’t pay for it)

The kids are normally in bed by 7 and it may sound mean but the other half and I value a bit of quiet time together for a drink and a chat without the cnstant jabba of children. Hence looking for somewhere with a couple of bedrooms or at least a separate section for sleeping

tails
    Free Member

Have a look at hostels, sant jordi in barcelona have apartments as well as the standard hostel part. Cleaned daily, the kitchen is great plus barca has the best of everything beach, mountains, culture, good food, good music.

peterfile
    Free Member

Croatia or Montenegro.

Montenegro in particular is awesome, I’m heading back for a week early summer next year.

Albanach
    Free Member

YGM 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

slightly away from what you’ve asked but a Neilson holiday – in term time you should get it in your price range a d they’re brilliant for kids. I can recommend Ortakent and Sivota though the latter can be hard work with kids because of all the steps. We’ve been with Neilson six times now. Four with kids.

There are kids clubs which my son has loved and there’s babysitting available too.

sgn23
    Free Member

Calla D’or in Mallorca. It’s the classier end of the island which is good for families. Loads of cheap flights. Cheap car hire. Take a look at Owners Direct to find 2 bed apartments. There are plenty available. We found a lovely apartment with private pool and large balcony. Friends stayed in a complex which was cheaper but also good.
    All well within your budget.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a family holiday abroad early June….’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM