• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Dai.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a camera tripod
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Im just getting into this photography malarkey and wouldn’t mind trying out some arty long exposure type shots. I know nothing about tripods but do most of them have legs that can be adjusted separately for uneven ground?

i found THIS one on the bay what u think?

stumpy01

It would probably do the job, but if you wanna drop it down real low, you won’t be able to.

The problem with cheaper tripods is weight, bulk & ease of use.

I’ve got a Velbon Luxi F (I think it’s called) and it was quite expensive. Even that though has an annoying habit of shifting just ever so slightly once you’ve tightened it all up. Once it’s shifted then it stays put & to be honest it’s not such a problem with landscapes etc. but is quite a pain with close up stuff, when you are trying to get the framing just so.
    I think that you need to spend hundreds to get a really stable tripod.

For the price of the eBay one, why not get it & see how you get on with it. If you find you use it loads & want something a bit better you can always get a better one in a few months & stick that back on eBay.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Don’t waste your money,you will only end up buying another one that is more stable with a much better head
    Been there and wish I had splashed out in the first place

A company called Redsnapper seem to be very popular on one photo forum and are relatively reasonable I believe

I use an old Manfrotto 055CB, bit weighty, but has lasted for a good long time.

The old saying pick two light,strong or cheap applies in this case too

Dai
    Free Member

Another vote for Redsnapper here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a camera tripod’ is closed to new replies.