Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a 4-season sleeping bag
  • wl
    Free Member

Which 3 or 4-season sleeping bags are decent? Preferably synthetic, but would consider a cheaper down bag. Needs to be warm and pack down as small/lightweight as pos for the money. Anyone got a Mountain Equipment bag they rate? Ta.

Gribs

I've got a ME Snowline bag which has been excellent for winter climbing trips in Scotland. I use mine with a very light weight Rab bivi bag to guard against wetness if biving or in a snow hole. However quality can be a bit variable as a friend bought one at the same time that seemed to leak a lot more than mine though ME did refill it for free.

ME bags can often be picked up fairly cheaply from their factory shop in Glossop or from their occasional factory sales in Hyde. A freind got an Iceline for £100 at the last one which is a bargin.

twang
    Free Member

If you want small/lightweight, you want down. Alpkit?…great bags for the dosh

backhander
    Free Member

Rab

aP
    Free Member

phd

grahamt1980

Will 2nd the Snowline I have got an old one (~14 years) and its still great plenty warm enough for anything down to -15° or so. Infact anything above zero its too warm for me end up sleeping with the bag unzipped.

The other option is a PHD bag, spec it yourself will cost you though.
    It will be a PHD when I finally have to replace mine

andygreener

How about a snugpak? I have a tactical 4 and it's great

swisstony
    Free Member

I've got a 3 season ME one which is great but the problem with ME synthetic is they do get a bit bulky as you get up to a proper 4 season bag.

If it was my money i'd go with snugpak

mikertroid
    Free Member

Definately a Buffalo bag. I got a 4season outer with the 4 season inner. Utterly superb. Slept IN a puddle in one in the rain and was toasty.

Alternatively go for their Superbag.

Will last for years too!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I've got a Mountain Hardwear Lamina 0..

Awesome bit of kit- light, & Bloody warm.

Coupled with an XL Hunka, its cool & the Gang..

feenster
    Free Member

Alpkit

stratobiker
    Free Member

I have a Mountain Equipment Lightline.

It's a three season bag really. But combine it with a duvet jacket and some thick socks…… I've slept in snowholes/snow shelters in the middle of winter with it.

Not cheap, but very durable. Mine is close on 20 yrs old now, and was worth every penny.

SB

stu-pid
    Free Member

Ive had a ME sleepwalker III tds for 9 years, has been round south america and ive slept on the side of a ski run in -22 degrees in it!
    It still looks new after all that and the only bad thing i can say about it is that its too warm for most situations!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 4-season sleeping bag’ is closed to new replies.