Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend a seatpost (non dropper)
  • bash
    Free Member

Need a seatpost for my Bfe for around £50, was looking at a Raceface Evolve but not too sure about the thumbscrew/general seat clamp. To be used for general trail riding, I’m only 10.5st so doesn’t need to be a hulking great thing but don’t mind if it’s on the heavy side.

Cheers

gifferkev

Thomson elite,£55 on CRC and wiggle. That is all. 😀

DiscJockey
    Free Member

The RaceFace seapost clamp mechanism is really good – I’ve got it on Evolve, Turbine and Next seatposts. It might look over complex, and perhaps to some extent it’s not necessary, but I think it’s ace. There are some top prices on 30.9mm versions of the Turbine at present, if that’s your size.

Having said that, I do also own, and love Thomson posts, and at RRP, that’s what I’d spend my money on. I think that is all now 😉

zippykona

Any fancy pants seatpost I have ever owned has creaked like a bastard or slipped.
    Cheapo Superstar for me.

andyl
    Free Member

Reverb 😉

(I only have Thomsons and a Reverb and when I am on the bike with a Thomson I miss the reverb, when the bike didn’t have a Thomson I kept looking at it wishing it had a Thomson as it would look better)

My old RF Evolve was a great post though. Was the old one with the little stays at the rear to set the angle.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m currently in lurve with the KS Lev dropper but in non drop posts I’ve actually chosen instead of coming with a bike are Thomson and Raceface. Even the cheap Ride and Chester are pretty good…

JoeG
    Free Member

Get a dropper! 😀

br
    Free Member

SDG I-Beam post and saddle.

Strong, light, cheap and easy to setup/adjust.

akira

Kore saddle and seatpost combo from crc. Comfy, light and cheap.

rp16v
    Free Member

The pro Atherton range posts are great just put one on my latitude £30 and choice of sizes and inline/standard clamp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a seatpost (non dropper)’ is closed to new replies.