Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • recommend a chain breaker rivet tool
  • rubberscrubber
    Free Member

I want something that will last, size is not important because its for use at home not on the trail.

what can you recommend ??

stumpy01

I bought a small Park one from CRC a while back and was a bit concerned how it would handle a new KMC chain as there were some reviews of the chain saying it was tough to break & they had ruined chain tools doing so.

It was fine – very easy and seems good quality. Can't remember the model off hand, but I think it was about £12.

oldfart

2nder for Park .Thats all i use .Not the gert big one just th esmall size .

rubberscrubber
    Free Member
    stumpy01

That's the one.

oldfart

Yes indeedy !

thomthumb
    Free Member

meh that ones ok – but bends on track chain. try a pedros/ hozan or lifeline (from wiggle) they are proper tools.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

for the workshop I use this one. Good value and solid.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26735

For the trail I use the dinky Park one (sometimes). For workshop duties the Pedros one is much better though.

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

Im liking the stuff so far, but cant find a price for that hozan one, pics of it look good though

DezB
    Free Member

I've got the Park folding one. It's fine as a workshop tool and folds up to carry in your pack.

edit: looks like they don't make it anymore. I'd better not lose it then!

coolfurcats
    Free Member

http://www.rohloff.de/en/products/revolver_2/index.html The only one worth investing in for use in a proper work shop environment.

Edukator
    Free Member

Shimano HG. It only works on chains with a pin or magic link though as you can't loosen links with it.

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

Nice the rohloff revolver 2, and only 125 quid.YIKES !!!!

DezB
    Free Member

The only one worth investing in for use in a proper work shop environment.
    £125?
    That's silly. How often do you use a chain breaker? (Unless you work in a shop, of course). Mine's a trail tool, but it's still a piece of piss to break/mend a chain.

coolfurcats
    Free Member

Just answering the question. 🙂 And this is the only real chain riviter out there. I've had one for years in the workshop. Use it all the time. (Ok a few times a week normally, for the pedantics 🙄 ).

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

anyone use the BBB one's ???/

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

Well thanks alot everyone for ideas. I think I'm going for the Pedros one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘recommend a chain breaker rivet tool’ is closed to new replies.