Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recomend me a Hotel/B&B in Folkestone
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

going to stop off in Folkestone for the night on our way to France for our summer holiday.
    Plan is to arrive late, have a night’s kip, then get an early train through the tunnel.
    I need somewhere that won’t mind a 10pm-ish checkin, has a family room and either has very secure parking or space and inclination to allow bikes to be stored inside rather than on the rack.
    And breakfast won’t matter, we can get something in Calais.

Thinking about it, a motel would be ideal.

ianv
    Free Member

There is a premier inn just off the main road at the end of the m20. parking is not secure but i have brought bikes into my room in the past.

Mackem

IMO better to take the tunnel late at night and stay in the Formula 1 in Coquelles. Only 10 minutes from the tunnel and only 39 euros a night. Stayed there a few times, the car park seems pretty secure.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

cheers. premier in sounds promising.

mackem: we’ll have driven down from Northumberland, via a family lunch in Yorkshire. Would rather not have the excitment for my 3-year old, and time-pressure for us, of getting the train on at night.

Mackem

Fair enough, just bear in mind there’s no real time pressure, you just have to turn up within 24h at the Chunnel and it’s automated check-in at F1.

Sounds like my trip this summer, Bilbao to Durham. (no 3 year old helps a lot)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

hmm, all the hotels in Folkestone seem to be booked. Premier In in Ashford seems most likely now.

or Coquelles…

Nobby

There’s a Days Inn at the M20 Services (Jct 8). AFAIK they still have family rooms & a 24hr check in.

Also doubt anyone would bother about you taking your bikes into your room either.

About 20-30 mins from Tunnel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a Hotel/B&B in Folkestone’ is closed to new replies.