Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Rechargeable rear light recommendations?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Mines died, guessing it’s water ingress again. Up to £20, backup & for mtbing home from pub / nightrides. Really liked not needing to replace batteries on last one. Any weatherproof recommendations?

Yak

Moon shield of some type. Should be something in budget.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moon Shield. They DID see you. No quibble.

Strap is quickly removed and mounted so for muddy rides it can be in a pack before you whip it out post ride. The light, that is.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Lezyne Strip Drive

It’s very bright/visible. O-ring fitting, nice grippy rubber housing. USB charge. I rely on it now and would buy another. Needs charging quite frequently is the only criticism. Now I just top it off before each ride as in the past used it 3 or four rides and got caught out on the fourth or fifth. Don’t know how that burn-time stacks up against other rechargeable rear lights but the unit is bright, sturdy and a good size.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bit out of your budget but I can highly recomend the see sense lights:
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/see.sense-icon-rear-light/11204529.html

jeffl

Yep Moon Shield here. Quick to move from bike to bike or bike to pack. Mine has been used for 3 years now commuting 2-3 days a week all year round with no problems.

drlex
    Free Member

Another Moon Shield user. The clip has broken (now glued to mount) and the rubber USB cover lost, but it’s small, visible and can be found at a good price.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Another vote for a moon shield. Best rear light I’ve used and I tried Lezyne, Exposure and Cateye on my commute.

Only slight gripe was you have to be careful with the usb cover.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Moon Nebula, solid saddle rail clamp, yet easy to fit and remove.

dufusdip
    Free Member

I’ve not used many rear lights but for a bright cheap light i use planet x one. Does round the trails and the occasional commute.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Can’t fault the Aldi lights I got a few weeks back. Both really bright and cheaps too.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these and it’s insanely bright – comedy name too if you’re childish like me!

Hotrod 50 USB

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I will recommend the Moon Shield as well. Very bright and easy to swap between bikes. Charges up quickly. Been using mine a great deal for over 2 years now in all weathers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drlex, Moon have spares for almost every single piece of their lights.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Aldi Moon clones are OK but do have a couple of problems: the on/off switch is a bit hit and miss and the recharging socket cover is easily broken off.

One of mine also seems to have a loose connection internally as it occasionally turns itself off.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Another vote for moon shield
    Great little rear light

mugsys_m8

sorry for hijack, but I’m after something similar and dis-similar……I have a 5 day ish ride coming up that will see lots of night riding. Are there any USB re-chargeable rear lights similar to a knight moon shield but with a way longer battery life? If not, what would people, recommend for an AA/ AAA replaceable battery rear light?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got a Moon Crescent myself and does just fine. Used for MTB night ride road sections and returning home. Not on for hours at a time, and I only use it on some rides, but a charge seems to last months with occasional use. Button is easy for me to reach to turn on/off during a ride.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Moon Nebula

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I have an Alpkit Tau, £14 , very small and light , gives of a good amount of light and has several modes.Can be fastened to your bag if, like me you have a dropper post and can’t have a light mounted on seatpost .

andybrad

how do you guys use these with dropper posts?

sandwicheater

Another Moon shield here, comes with three attachments, bag, post and saddle rail so no worries with the dropper.

Slight side note, how do you turn the light censor off so i can run in the day?

rascal
    Free Member

Moon Nebula user here…stupidly bright but nearly £40.
    Aldi’s version is almost a carbon copy…and £14.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Are there any USB re-chargeable rear lights similar to a knight moon shield but with a way longer battery life? If not, what would people, recommend for an AA/ AAA replaceable battery rear light?

Don’t know of any bright ones that last longer than five hours or so. As for replaceable battery lights I really rate the Cateye TL-LD610 which I used before the Lezyne Strip Drive. Bright, easy/reliable fitting system and lasts many days on AAs. Had one of these for about 8 years and easily/quickly swapped between bikes. More secure than an O-ring. Mounts horizontally or vertically

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Rechargeable rear light recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.