Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reccomendations for NEw Tyres please
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I need some new tyres, I generally, in fact that's a lie, I always have run Panaracer Fire XC Kevlars, need some new ones and thought maybe changing.

I live in Essex, it's flat and non technical and then get away to lakes, peaks and Wales once in a while for the proper riding. All help greatly apprceiated.

Ti29er
    Free Member

1 set in the dryer, summer months.
    1 set in the wetter, winter months.
    That way, no crompromises.

poppa
    Free Member

Some good all-round choices:

If you ride rocky places: High Rollers or other Maxxis tyres (not my forté!)
    If you don't ride rocky places: Kenda Nevegals
    If you don't ride rocky places and are feeling flush: Schwalbe Nobby Nics (Racing Ralph in summer)

Ti29er
    Free Member

RRalf in the dry
    Bonty AXC in the winter.
    Both sets are tubeless.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My thinking would be to have a spare front tyre for Welsh trips etc. Something bigger and beefier. Then just run your ordinary tyres at home.

I'm a Conti fan at the moment, with Rubber Queens being my curren fave.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Maxxis Minions, surrey hills, spain, alps etc etc – seem fine to me 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+1 for minions. dont get dual ply supertacky rear unless

1) youre going to the alps
    2) you enjoy riding with what feels like a punctured tractor tyre.

I'm keeping a minion on the front, and swapping between a minion and a crossmark rear depending on the conditions. single ply kevlar 60a compound minion is a good allrounder, not too heavy.

check out http://www.nextdaytyres.com for good prices and quick free postage (see "online tyres" thread, lots of votes for them).

one of the mags recently tested mud tyres and raved about using the minion F on the rear for mud.

The High Roller is well regarded but I dont trust it on the front as much as a minion, think it makes a better rear than it does a front.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nevegals would be good for Essex.

The 2.1s are good all-rounders and could handle trips to Wales etc.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice people, ended up with a selection, pair of Panaracer Trailrakers and a pair of Nevegals, also managed to blag a pair of High Rollers for free from a friend. Good day all in all, thanks again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reccomendations for NEw Tyres please’ is closed to new replies.