Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Reccomend me a rear shock for a xc/trail bike please!
  • nickdavies

Any thoughts? It’s to replace a knackered Float R on a 100mm trance, it’s not mine but I think i’d like to replace it with a lockout at least or propedal if possible. Cheap is key! Would normally just think RP2, but rockshox forks seem to be coming on a long way but are the rear shocks as good as fox offerings considering they’re probably going to be cheaper?

What about these new X-Fusion shocks? Any good?

Cheers

z1ppy

I was going to say that I thought these have a weird shock size don’t they?
    Checking they are seemingly 165×38 (older original) or 184×44 for TranceX and they do seem to be available (new). Though seemingly you are limited by what RS shock you can get in the 184×44 length (going by the RS site)

The Fox R should be a “propedal” shock unless it’s a really early version. Personally I’d get it serviced, and while doing that get it tuned to the required riders weight/useage

I’ve yet to be convinced that any other air shock (other than Cane Creaks new one) is as good, don’t get me wrong the new RS stuff looks good & we can hope it turn out so (more cheaper choices) but there no long term tests yet or any shouting it’s loads better than their old fox…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a rear shock for a xc/trail bike please!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM