Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rear mudguard and reverb. recommendations?
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

fed up with getting an icy wet arse.
    I’ve got a cotic rocket, any mudguards that clamp onto the seat tube instead of seat post?

zelak999
    Free Member

I’ve managed to bodge a crud guard on my reverb by removing the bolt from the crud guard and using cable ties to secure it to the hex part of the reverb.
    Works, just need to replace the ties e very so often a be a bit careful not to damage the hose when seat fully lowered.

chrismac

How about one of these
    Clever mudgard idea

wurzelcube
    Free Member

That looks ace providing there is enough mud clearance between the wheel and the guard as from the photo it looks quite tight.

sugdenr
    Free Member

That mudhugger picture is a triumph of marketing over practicality – looks good, slightest hint of claggy mud and it’ll clog like a whole wheel brake. Much much more clearance required.

OP – try Zefal No-mud

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’m thinking this one, it uses a strap so totally adjustable
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25798

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m liking the mudhugger

theendisnigh
    Free Member

It looks good but I agree with post above that mud clearance could well be an issue

andymc06
    Free Member

Have a look at “Ass Savers” on ebay. Works well with a reverb as it mounts to your saddle rails.

robarnold
    Free Member

Zefal no mud, bit fiddly to fit but once on, very sturdy and effective

theendisnigh
    Free Member

that does look good andymc, do you have one?

andymc06
    Free Member

Yeah. Used it all winter. Obviously not massive coverage but it does a job, it’s very light and can be taken off in seconds. Recommended.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’ll order one. I don’t mind if it lets a bit of crap past, just as long as it stops the icey colonic jet I’ve suffered lately.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rear mudguard and reverb. recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.